After You Die

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Saw these on reddit a week or so ago. Thought I'd share them here. Which do one(s) do you believe?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    got another theory here.

what if I die and my conscious leaves and travels along my life line and connects with alternate version and replaces his conscious. and I wake up in his world.

Its kinda like the movie jet li THE ONE. but even more awesome.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Where's the "When you die you become a potato" ?

That's the one I'd pick

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    but then someone might eat you and then you become poo.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The circle of life

rflair likes this.
  7. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Scientific: number 1
    Religious: number 2 or 3 or 5, depends on what religion are you and how good you live your life

Others are just philosophical, but they are quite interesting to think about

My thought:
    Since we know that the energy that powers all living things (maybe almost all) comes from the sun, I think it is safe to assume that our consciousness/brain activity is just a form of sun's energy. Death is just a condition where we stop obtaining/using sun's energy. So when we died, we are no more (number 1)

However, since we experience things that can't be considered as a form of energy (self awareness, love, moral values, arts, etc), then there is a possibility that we might end up at number 2 or 3

We just can't be sure, until someone comes back from death and tells us the secret behind death

8. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    It's my belief that we are eternal beings inhabiting a human body, experiencing what it is to be human. Notice the body ages, but behind the eyes you do not. I believe behind the eyes you are pure energy, pure consciousness, becoming ever more aware and wise.

9. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Let's all be internet philosophers to impress our moms. Here I go-

I'm starting to think consciousness as we know it now is just various things to **** your brain with. Mental masturbation. One stimulus after another of **** you like and don't like. If we have souls or some sort of deeper consciousness- it has to be separate from the brain. Cause none of these afterlifes make much sense if it's only to serve to be more stimulus for your brain, which only really benefits you when you're alive. What good does all the knowledge in the world do you in entirety? Maybe because of that also we could never even begin to "get" what the afterlife really is.

I also can't get into the afterlife as a reward, punishment or otherwise influenced by how you lived your life. If it's all a reward system to try to get people to be decent human beings while they're alive- it surely doesn't work, and when it does, is only superficial "rightness" control. Again, your brain and your behavior is influenced by hereditary and your environment growing up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_rasa we are not born equally, of equal health and blank slate minds. A lot of us are ****ed upon conception. Which isn't to say we're entirely ****ed and that justifies us to give into our most putrid evil impulses and snotty behavior- we should try to not be another bunch that make the world so **** to live in.

Basically, who the **** knows. Not me surely.

Also:

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'm somewhat along the same lines.

I've always wondered why I am exactly ME. Ie why do I see others through these eyes and not thru someone elses, instead.

It's an abstract thought and doesn't really make sense, but really I've thought that for some reason my soul has chosen this body, so to speak, for this lifetime.

For this reason, it's likely this soul has existed before and will continue to exist even after this body perishes.

11. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Somewhat relevant, which I posted in the video thread a few days back, this guy sings about an out-of-body experience he had when he suffered a heart attack -

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I suppose the odds that in another 4.5 million years from now the very same matter that came together to make me might again come together, assuming the odds are good, and assuming that has not already happened mutiple times.

13. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Resurrecting this one.

Just wanted to say -

To anyone who really believes you perish forever with your meat suit isn't giving themselves enough credit as one of the most powerful-beyond-measure beings ever created. The spirit lives on, eternally.

14. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    please.... we've been getting decimated by simple bacteria and viruses all throughout history.not what I can powerful beyond measure.
    we're weak and helpless,and the universe is just fine without us.

15. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    You think viruses and bacteria affect the soul?

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    i think you don't call something beyond powerful if half its population can be wiped by bacteria that we catch from an ordinary animal.we're helpless and the reason we've survived for that long is that we're nothing in the grand scheme of the universe.not any more special,not all powerful,our existence on this planet is anecdotal.

i don't know what comes after death,and if any part of our consciousness carries on.i reckon it doesn't.
    what I do know is that I don't make up silly stories about holy spirits if I can't understand something that's beyond human cognition.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  17. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Literally billions of people believe in Jesus Christ, you can't tar them all with the same brush and say they're making up silly stories, there has to be some truth to something that powerful of an influence.

I agree there's much that is beyond human comprehension, but I choose to believe we are destined for great things beyond this world because of the spiritual experiences I've been through in my own life.

"Reality is not only stranger than we imagine, it’s stranger than we CAN imagine.” ~ Terence McKenna.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yes you can.

look up the collective delusion.

19. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    i think we can get to mars someday.
    which is like taking half a step on your way to go around the planet.

yup.exactly.that is why theres no 2000 year old Jews that's behind all things.

20. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Alright, let's call Christ an eternal delusion of the human consciousness.

I spent most of my life not believing in anything considered spiritual or religious. Then I hit hard times and was hospitalized a few times. It was in my most desperate moments I found some strength in believing in a higher power to help me. But maybe that's delusional.

Before I believed in Christ, I once had a dream I was in an extremely dark place, under the threat of malicious energy or a being I didn't understand. Without thought passing through me, I started calling out for Christ. My exact words were - "Jesus Christ be with me in mind, body, and spirit"

As soon as I said that I was relieved of the threat and there was an extremely loud, horrendous screech from a woman. No idea what was happening and I don't really want to know, obviously beyond me.

But what are dreams anyway? Perhaps more delusions of the human mind? I don't think so, I've had some extremely profound dreams, connecting and interacting with friends, family, even a bunch of celebs I have love for.