The wait is over

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Cyberdyne, Apr 8, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh I do have OCD god you dont know how many time a day I use to look at the event viewer or task managers to see if any thing that shouldnt be there.

It not as bad as it use to be sorta, hell my endless collection of RPG games i have are never finish cause of my OCD which result in me restarting them any time i miss something hah

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

On a modern computer, if your boot drive is still MBR you will see the boot logo. With GPT, the system can natively go straight from power on into Windows (with load times of course), and you will continue seeing your computer logo during boot process, with the Windows boot indicator, instead of the Windows boot logo.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I doubt you can convert a MBR system disk to a GPT one on the fly. Windows is installed either in legacy BIOS (MBR) or EFI (GPT) mode.

So switching from MBR to GPT requires reinstalling Windows and booting up from the installation media in EFI mode.
    The bootup mode determines in which mode Windows is installed.

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    That a nice price alright , i have a sammy 500gb evo ssd and a old corsair force 120 with the pagefile on , the rest are old wd blacks 1tb and i'm itching to get them out and go full ssd but the prices here in the uk are still quite high for 1tb ssd and i will need at least 4 tb of ssd space for storage ,all my steam games comes to about 4tb .

However i think i will start buying 1 at a time .

I have 2 grown up kids now all with good jobs and they don't have any bills to pay, that my department apparently ,so with father's day not long away , i could mention to them its about time you treated your daddy :) :) :) :)