RAID0 WRITE/SPEED DROP, Suggestions?

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2016.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

The thing is, I never ever use software raid and also folks I have once again, lol, have GOOD NEWS:

The problem has stopped, I took Fernando's advice from this site:

http://www.win-raid.com/t23f28-How-to-boost-the-Intel-RAID-performance.html

My posts is in there, take a look.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    OC wont have much to do with anything unless it was just unstable.

A long time ago some C states turned on caused low performance unless CPU was put under load. Maybe try that if issue arises again.

I get a good 1000+ read/write on my 2 vertex 4s in raid, never have any issues with them

3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Ok, I did what Fernando told me on the other forum, to load optimal defaults settings, and it changed everything around.

Everything is back to normal, I gradually upped the bclck, gradually lower my memory timings to see if I could re-create the problem that I once had, and nope, I could not.

For some odd reason now, Cstate on auto is not working, before it was bouncing between 2.95ghz-3.5ghz, now its just sitting @ 2.95.

I also switched cstate to enabled and only use c0/c1, just to see if it would effect raid speed, nope, and also turn on power link management under Intel Rapid program, restarted my system, ran crystalmark, didn't change squat.

I originally thought man, could it be the memory latencies, turns out to be that is not in question here, thank goodness for it.

What is it exactly causing this Problem?

Well, I am going to leave it that now as its back to normal, if it does it again, go back to optimal defaults, then leave it there and see how it goes, this is defin't very crazy indeed.

Thanks for all your help.