GuildWars 2 Irritating problem not solved again..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kurtferro, Jan 21, 2013.

1. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    I wonder when AMD will optimize drivers for GW2, because there are various problems that the nvidia cards are not seen, I have two configurations, an amd 7870 and a nvidia 650ti, set in the same way, for now I just want to present one of the bug.

I would like to draw the attention of developers because after these months it is inconceivable that a game of this level, which has had considerable success, has not been considered. I invite you to participate.

Strange bug on the texture that is also reflected on the character, as if a light is not present everywhere, but only in certain areas of the map permanently.

the first three are amd and nvidia are the following, taken in the same area

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Your issues are not the drivers, but possibly hardware. GW2 is highly optimized on HD 7 series. I've never seen this issue on my 7970 crossfire or single card.

Possibly back off any OC, as that issue you experience is usually a problem with bad video memory, or too high of an OC on the video memory. Try catalyst 13.1 or 13.2.

If your video card came pre oc'd, then underclock it to default reference specs and see what happens. I'm aiming towards bad memory.

If you are forcing AA through CCCl, put it on application as well to see how that goes. Run multisampling instead of supersampling in CCC also. Forcing AF should not cause this issue.

Is your card running too hot?

It is very well possible that you could have a card with a bad memory chip or two. Not all games will show it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  4. ibitato

ibitato Guest

worth a shot, disable adaptative AA

5. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    I was just about to say that some of these issues come from forcing settings in CCC that the game engine have issues with, causing various kinds of problems. I've had games which had flickering textures, untextured areas etc. when I forced anything from AF to AA (and everything inbetween) in CCC.

6. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    I have not forced anything in the drivers, I have this problem since I bought the video card (i was with 560ti before) I was told by many players see the lines when I saw it, in other areas however are not seen, since I have the card tried with all the drivers out from 12.10 -11 beta-13.1 - 13.2 beta, two operating systems installed windows 7 and windows 8, the problem remains the same, it is usually only in the inland areas, the lines are sometimes blue and sometimes white sometimes black, the video card in the game is to 54 degrees, I tried with a downclock memory and/or gpu, I have not forced anything from the driver, i use sweetfx but i have the same without it, I did all the tests no adjustment affects the bug.

ps: if someone are interested to test with me I'm Scarlett Reaper on Far Shiverpeaks

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. srps

srps Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GT OCV1
    I don't have much to help here, since I've never had an issue with GW2 graphics with whatever driver (I don't have a HD7870 though), but I find that issue extremely weird, and weird is that I've never seen anything like that anywhere, so it doesn't seem like a widespread case, which makes it even weirder.

Does no setting change ingame affect that issue?

8. ibitato

ibitato Guest

maybe something stupid, but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game ?
    in the middle, clean sweep the drivers and install them once your PC says "genric vga" as gpu device

9. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    i do all possible test with 2 different operating system, with clear installation too, it's my work in realty, and i have most personal computers for tests, i use nvidia 650ti in my computer shop and 7870 at home, i can change all game setting and nothing change, most time ago i see this lines with my last card (560ti) but with driver updates before i changed it with ati i never see more this problem. but when i talk in chat with my party most say yes i see too and most say now not but sometimes yes.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It could just be a 7870/50 issues then. I haven't experienced this ever on any driver yet.

Still though, AA modes can cause glitches just like this.

I'd suggest looking for maybe an updated BIOS for your card, but if you are unsure of how to flash Video BIOS, I wouldn't try it without looking at a few guides first.

Any time in the past I experienced this, was incompatible AA modes or bad Memory.

11. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    For my card there is no bios update now, I do not think it is a memory problem because if that were the fault would be random, not always in the same fixed points, it seems to me a rendering error, and indeed there are differences between the series 79xx and 78xx series then simply at the level of drivers are not comparable, if we are in game I brought in an area where I have the problem so you can see at the moment if you do not happen, I have a problem with anti-aliasing and without, the lines remain the same, with any game setting and the driver and without sweetfx the problem remains.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Problems i had with my card were resolved with a BIOS update. I was getting a lot of game crashes and horrible screen tearing. Also had that white line in Planetside 2.

13. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    I will chime in here, I run dual 7870's at the moment, and Havent seen any of this, I would suggest you manually update dx9, run ccleaner over the system(you would be shocked how many times this fixes weirdness with games...)

once you have done that, grab radeon pro, build a custome profile for the game that forces nothing(or that disables all driver tweaks), then test, if its still a problem try tweaking settings one by one and see what happens, I do max out mip maps and texture quality......

14. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Already done all, are ten years I do computer assistance, it's my job, I'm a fairly advanced user, and as I said there is no update for the bios of my video card, even though I did not request directly to the forum gygabite . lines are only in some areas and perfectly follow the textures, in 90% of the maps, this problem does not exist. currently had no problems in other games.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4368&dl=1#utility

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  15. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    have you updated your motherboard bios?

I know it may sound crazy but, my 990fx sabertooth had issues with 3 dif bios that seemed to be videocard related, asus knew it but never made note that they fixed it, the current bios work great tho :D

16. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    yes i have the last one

17. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    just figured i was worth a shot.

some other things to try, set the pci-e clock to 101-103 range sometimes for whatever reason this helps with some systems.

also deleting the local settings file for gw2 can help(i have had to do it 2x), for whatever reason patching sometimes borks up hidden settings(why they couldnt just make the config file a .ini or .cfg file i dont know....)

this is a weird bug, I have seen similar on both amd and nvidia systems in the past, I have not seen it with my 7870's or 6870's at all.....

18. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB

tested with my guildmate in the same place, he have 7870 gygabite like mine, and he see the same bug, is not random it's fix and the line follow textures margin perfectly, is a rendering problem, that because i think is a driver problem. can you try with singol gpu in the same place? is in the whisper secret area inside the portal.

19. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  20. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    you got the same problem like me, yes most cave have this problems, line can be white black blu or green, some dungeon have this problem too. i think is a driver problem for 78xx series and now 77xx

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013