Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#926)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru
 
nhlkoho's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 980ti sc+
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 12-21-2014, 20:56 | posts: 6,113 | Location: Washington DC

These fixed the weird bluescreen problem I was having. My Corsair headset has a mic and headphone plug. Everytime I plugged the mic part in the computer would reboot and the error log pointed to the Soundblaster Z.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#927)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 7970CF @ 1100/1375 H2O
Processor: 5820K @ 4.3GHz 1.26V H2O
Mainboard: MSI X99S SLi Plus
Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300
Default 12-29-2014, 02:29 | posts: 3,947 | Location: Lebanon

Creative Sound Blaster Z / Zx driver V13.1.00.28 (12 Dec 14) is now up as a torrent I have just created.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:916B2E8729AF69260D5749E74029AB 9196E93334&dn=SBZ_CD_L13_1_00_28.exe

It's currently tracker-less but I may end up adding a few trackers later on if they work out (they're currently either timing out or are not getting resolved). Can anyone test this for me please? Peers in my country have managed to download the file. We also have a fast seed currently, for those who want high speeds.

Those who already have the driver and could help us seed, we would be grateful. Just pop the driver file onto the torrent files and recheck the torrent.

Aaaaaaand Hilbert's mirror is up!
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

Last edited by yasamoka; 12-29-2014 at 17:54.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#928)
anthonyl
Member Guru
 
Videocard: 2 x GTX 970 Gigabyte G1
Processor: i5 4690K
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk. 2
Memory: 16
Soundcard: Creative Z5500 & Zx card
PSU: 1000W ANTEC Quattro
Default 01-05-2015, 15:36 | posts: 93 | Location: Brisbane Australia

Have just installed a new Zx card this afternoon and am having problems..

I have some AKG K612 Pro headphones and I am finding the level of volume very very low... on 100% it seems very very quiet.. like its just on 40%.

I have all volume sliders on 100% in windows.

I have plugged the headphones directly into the headphone jack on the sound card to eliminate problems with the break out unit.

In game (BF4) the sound is horrible... my Titanium Fatal1ty Pro was 100% better than this.

HELP!!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#929)
harkinsteven
Maha Guru
 
harkinsteven's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 SLI
Processor: i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Memory: 32gb Kingston Beast 2400
Soundcard: SoundBlasterZxR/EdifierC6
PSU: XFX PRO 850W
Default 01-05-2015, 17:51 | posts: 2,679 | Location: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyl View Post
Have just installed a new Zx card this afternoon and am having problems..

I have some AKG K612 Pro headphones and I am finding the level of volume very very low... on 100% it seems very very quiet.. like its just on 40%.

I have all volume sliders on 100% in windows.

I have plugged the headphones directly into the headphone jack on the sound card to eliminate problems with the break out unit.

In game (BF4) the sound is horrible... my Titanium Fatal1ty Pro was 100% better than this.

HELP!!
Did you switch it to 600ohms in the control panel?
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#930)
Dr.Chocolate
Member Guru
 
Dr.Chocolate's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 660 OC
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Mainboard: Asrock 970 extreme3
Memory: 8gb ddr3 1333
Soundcard: 5.1 Vigoole Creative Z
PSU: Fortron Aurum Gold
Default 01-05-2015, 20:30 | posts: 147

Anyone else has ''the current selected audio device is disabled, bla bla'' with the new drivers on win 8.1 64 bit?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#931)
fisher6
Member Guru
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 GTX 4GB
Processor: 4790k @4.8 GHz
Mainboard: MSI Gaming 5
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Default 01-08-2015, 11:41 | posts: 63

I bought the X-Fi XtremeGamer back in the days and have always been a fan of creative sound cards. I'm looking for a newer one along with a set of 5.1 speakers. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Creative Sound Blaster Z.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#932)
Keitosha
Ancient Guru
 
Keitosha's Avatar
 
Videocard: R9 280 3GB / R7 265 2GB
Processor: FX-8350 / X6 1075T
Mainboard: 990FX Ext3 / 970Pro3 R2.0
Memory: 32GB / 16GB 1333
Soundcard: SB Z/SH HD477/TX-NR626
PSU: Corsair TX750M / TX750M
Default 01-08-2015, 13:23 | posts: 4,616 | Location: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chocolate View Post
Anyone else has ''the current selected audio device is disabled, bla bla'' with the new drivers on win 8.1 64 bit?
Yes, have some kind of problem with my 1st SBZ card (my main rig has one, no problem and my gf's rig has one, no problem) in my HTPC. Tried different slots and systems and the card is changing within Windows from "Sound Blaster Z" to "2 - Sound Blaster Z" in the device manager within "Audio inputs and outputs". This happens randomly and forces me to select either of the 2 within the SBZ CP.

This does not happen with the 2 other cards so I expect a hardware issue. Learned to live with it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#933)
harkinsteven
Maha Guru
 
harkinsteven's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980 SLI
Processor: i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Memory: 32gb Kingston Beast 2400
Soundcard: SoundBlasterZxR/EdifierC6
PSU: XFX PRO 850W
Default 01-08-2015, 13:51 | posts: 2,679 | Location: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher6 View Post
I bought the X-Fi XtremeGamer back in the days and have always been a fan of creative sound cards. I'm looking for a newer one along with a set of 5.1 speakers. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Creative Sound Blaster Z.
Can't go wrong with a SoundBlaster Z oem. It's like 50. Great sounding cards for the price.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#934)
sykozis
Ancient Guru
 
sykozis's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX970 GAMING 4G
Processor: Core i5 6600K
Mainboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro
Memory: Corsair DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Creative SB-Z
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 01-08-2015, 16:22 | posts: 19,128 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher6 View Post
I bought the X-Fi XtremeGamer back in the days and have always been a fan of creative sound cards. I'm looking for a newer one along with a set of 5.1 speakers. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Creative Sound Blaster Z.
Sound Blaster Z is a big upgrade over an XtremeGamer if you have good headphones/headset.


   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#935)
goat1
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Asus 770 2gb
Processor: i7 Sandy Bridge 2600k
Mainboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Memory: 8 gigs crucial tracer led
Soundcard: Razer Barracuda AC-1
PSU: Kingwin Lazer 1000 watt
Default 01-08-2015, 19:03 | posts: 1,906 | Location: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher6 View Post
I bought the X-Fi XtremeGamer back in the days and have always been a fan of creative sound cards. I'm looking for a newer one along with a set of 5.1 speakers. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Creative Sound Blaster Z.
Sound blaster Z.. Don't even think twice about it.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#936)
Dr.Chocolate
Member Guru
 
Dr.Chocolate's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 660 OC
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Mainboard: Asrock 970 extreme3
Memory: 8gb ddr3 1333
Soundcard: 5.1 Vigoole Creative Z
PSU: Fortron Aurum Gold
Default 01-14-2015, 16:27 | posts: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitosha View Post
Yes, have some kind of problem with my 1st SBZ card (my main rig has one, no problem and my gf's rig has one, no problem) in my HTPC. Tried different slots and systems and the card is changing within Windows from "Sound Blaster Z" to "2 - Sound Blaster Z" in the device manager within "Audio inputs and outputs". This happens randomly and forces me to select either of the 2 within the SBZ CP.

This does not happen with the 2 other cards so I expect a hardware issue. Learned to live with it.
Sorry for the late response. I have the same thing! I had creative x-fi Xtreme gamer and that card had great audio quality even for my needs in music, but it had the squeel of death thing or something. This one has the same issue though - randomly changes to soundblaster z or soundblaster z 2 in the cp. New drivers don't work after restarting on win 8.1 64 bit. Sticking with the 24 ones. Card is good for gaming, audio quality for music i think is not the best. Should have maybe bought the more expensive stx II.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#937)
TheDeeGee
Ancient Guru
 
TheDeeGee's Avatar
 
Videocard: Zotac GTX 680 4GB
Processor: Intel Core 4770K
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
Memory: Crucial Ballistix LP 16GB
Soundcard: SoundBlaster ZxR
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 760
Default 06-01-2015, 23:13 | posts: 4,259 | Location: The Netherlands

Ran into a strange problem with my ZxR.

I recently installed Battlefield 1942 again, and it seems to be cutting out my Soundcard every now and then. It seems to happen 10 to 15 minutes after i hear a strange sound anomaly when flying planes only. The Sound simply cuts out, and when i check the audio settings in Windows it still shows activity (the little green bar).

It only happens in Battlefield 1942, and the only fix is restarting the PC.

Has anyone else ever experienced this with particular a Game?

(im using the latest driver from the Creative website)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#938)
umeng2002
Maha Guru
 
umeng2002's Avatar
 
Videocard: eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
Processor: FX-8320E @ 4.6 GHz
Mainboard: Sabertooth 990FX r1
Memory: DDR3 8GB @ 1600 8-9-8-24
Soundcard: SBz > littleDot > SR80e
PSU: On my 2nd Corsair TX750W
Default 06-02-2015, 08:53 | posts: 821 | Location: Milky Way

Is that an EAX game? If it is, you might need to tweak a few things in Alchemy.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#939)
TheDeeGee
Ancient Guru
 
TheDeeGee's Avatar
 
Videocard: Zotac GTX 680 4GB
Processor: Intel Core 4770K
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
Memory: Crucial Ballistix LP 16GB
Soundcard: SoundBlaster ZxR
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 760
Default 06-02-2015, 10:42 | posts: 4,259 | Location: The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post
Is that an EAX game? If it is, you might need to tweak a few things in Alchemy.
Added BF1942 to ALchemy, and the Hardware Acceleration Box ingame is no longer Greyed out

Not sure how many Channels it uses tho, as ALchemy says 128 and ingame 31.

There is a very noticable sound difference tho.

Will find out soon enough if it works.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#940)
CSF90
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
Processor: i7-2600k @ 4.0GHz
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1333MHz
Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair RM850i
Default 01-09-2016, 17:38 | posts: 192 | Location: Bucks, UK

Hi guys

Just bought a Sound Blaster Z sound car for my PC 350 SE's. There is an improvement over my onboard audio, but I'm still massively underwhelmed by the headset itself. It sounds very tinny normally - when I press the ear cups closer to my head the sound is 10x better. Not really sure where to go from here - I've seen some sites with a physical mod to increase bass but have also read that they need time to warm up / burn in, so am waiting a bit...

Anyway, I also have a set of Logitech X-540s and am wondering what the general view is for the Sound Blaster Pro Studio settings, primarily for listening to music but also movies and games. I know that it is all subjective, but I can't decide if my music (only a mixture of 256/320 kbps) sounds better with or without the SBX Pro Studio features enabled.

I've always thought that any enhancements or boosts by software are generally just marketing gimmicks (like colour boosts on TVs and monitors), but I'm not enough of an audiophile to know whether or not this is an exception...

Any thoughts?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#941)
Radical_53
Ancient Guru
 
Radical_53's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: Intel i7-2600k
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
Memory: 16GB G.Skill TridentX
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster ZXR
PSU: Seasonic X-460 Fanless
Default 01-10-2016, 11:04 | posts: 3,453 | Location: Germany

I bought this very headset for my son, and I have to admit the ear cups are huge.
You could try to find different pads to better suit your head and ears, as the headset itself has a very good quality (and I'm no fan of the typical Sennheiser signature sound).
Try them with music and no SBX enabled, then use only SBX surround for games to start with. If you need a more "fun" setting, add SBX bass to that.
As long as you keep Windows set at 5.1, your sound should be great in the end.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#942)
PhazeDelta1
Moderator
 
PhazeDelta1's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 970 FTW+
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Magni 2 Uber/Modi 2 Uber
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 860
Default 01-22-2016, 21:13 | posts: 15,103 | Location: USA

Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the headphone amp on this card?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#943)
Radical_53
Ancient Guru
 
Radical_53's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: Intel i7-2600k
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
Memory: 16GB G.Skill TridentX
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster ZXR
PSU: Seasonic X-460 Fanless
Default 01-24-2016, 08:56 | posts: 3,453 | Location: Germany

On the ZXR, yes. But the amp on the "Z" is fixed (as far as I know it's the higher amping option on the ZXR).
Even there, the lower option is quite loud still. I'm running 32 Ohm headphones and the max I use is a value of 35%.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#944)
Envoy
Master Guru
 
Envoy's Avatar
 
Videocard: Evga 970 GTX SSC
Processor: Intel 6700K @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Hero VIII
Memory: Corsair LPX 3000 (2x8gb)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
PSU: 750W Corsair RM750i
Default 01-28-2016, 22:30 | posts: 338 | Location: Brentwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF90 View Post
Hi guys

Just bought a Sound Blaster Z sound car for my PC 350 SE's. There is an improvement over my onboard audio, but I'm still massively underwhelmed by the headset itself. It sounds very tinny normally - when I press the ear cups closer to my head the sound is 10x better. Not really sure where to go from here - I've seen some sites with a physical mod to increase bass but have also read that they need time to warm up / burn in, so am waiting a bit...

Anyway, I also have a set of Logitech X-540s and am wondering what the general view is for the Sound Blaster Pro Studio settings, primarily for listening to music but also movies and games. I know that it is all subjective, but I can't decide if my music (only a mixture of 256/320 kbps) sounds better with or without the SBX Pro Studio features enabled.

I've always thought that any enhancements or boosts by software are generally just marketing gimmicks (like colour boosts on TVs and monitors), but I'm not enough of an audiophile to know whether or not this is an exception...

Any thoughts?
It took my PC 350s about 80 hours to bed in. Sound terrific now. They sounded quite tinny when first plugged in but the bass improves no end over time.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#945)
PhazeDelta1
Moderator
 
PhazeDelta1's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 970 FTW+
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Magni 2 Uber/Modi 2 Uber
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 860
Default 01-29-2016, 05:56 | posts: 15,103 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_53 View Post
On the ZXR, yes. But the amp on the "Z" is fixed (as far as I know it's the higher amping option on the ZXR).
Even there, the lower option is quite loud still. I'm running 32 Ohm headphones and the max I use is a value of 35%.
Thanks for the reply.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.