any new cards coming out to fill the gap between the GTX 960 and GTX 970?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by snorge, Mar 3, 2015.

1. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    I game at 1080p so I think the GTX 960 would suit me however to future proof my setup a bit maybe I should spend the extra money for a GTX 970. I was hoping Nvidia was going to be launch something to fill the performance gap between these cards at around the 250-275 dollar price range. Is there a chance of this happening any time soon? Usually the specs of new cards are leaked far before launch but I haven't been able to find much but rumors of a 960 TI or something similar.

2. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i doubt it. nvidia will be focusing on the 980 Ti and the next gen of cards

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    They've never really done an in-between card like that. basically the only time i've ever seen cards in between something like the 960,970, and 980 that we have now was back in the GTX 200 series cards... when they brought out the 275 and 285 and the like. But they weren't so much an "in between" card as they were a refresh of the 270 and 280.

It's not really cost effective either for a company to make cards like that. Leaves too high of a possibility of more cards left sitting in stock room/warehouse shelves due to the range of products available. Works like that in every business... be it restaurants, tech businesses, car manufacturers.... you name it.

4. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    Okay guess I'll be getting a GTX 970 then. I don't really are about the memory "issues" I probably won't be buying a 4K monitor anytime soon and even if I did I don't mind lowering settings a bit.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Uh what. Just recently the ones on top of my head, GTX 465, GTX 560Ti, GTX 660Ti?

There will surely be a card between the 960 and the 970 considering the big gap between the two cards performance wise