[Overclocking] AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Dzmno, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Dzmno

Dzmno Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970 @ 915Mhz
    I've just recently purchased this CPU. I knew from the beginning I wanted to overclock. I'm nowhere near an expert on this, but I've read a few guides and looked at some other peoples overclocks and tried each of them. The issue I'm having is the CPU tends to get extremely hot under load. At 4Ghz on 1.45v I'm coming close to 70c. I know this is insanely hot and if I read correctly, the computer should have shutdown at 62c. I'm using the AMD Overdrive tool to OC and monitor temps. The cooler I'm using is the Zalman CNPS9700 LED. I'm not sure why my temps are getting this high. I idle around 41c. I see others idle at roughly 35c and load at 56c at the same specs. Am I doing something wrong? I know the CPU cooler I'm using is pretty decent and easily should be able to handle these settings. Is it possible it's not seated correctly? I've built a few rigs before so putting on a CPU fan isn't new to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Corsair 750w
    AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE
    GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3
    G.Skill RipjawX 8GB kit @1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
    Gigabyte 6970 @915Mhz

2. DrDoU

DrDoU Guest

GPU:
    power color rx6800
    Do away with the AMD OD,and OC the old fashion way.AMD OD may be pushing your cpu voltages higher than you think.Look at your BIOS voltages to confirm.If things check out try to resit the CPU.

3. Chane99

Chane99 Guest

GPU:
    IceQ Turbo 6970 (x2/CFX)
    I'm running a different motherboard, but I can tell you what my BIOS settings are at, and maybe that will help.

I'm currently running at 4105MHz CPU clock speed.
    My DRAM O.C. Profile is set at (D.O.C.P.) DDR-3 1800MHz with CAS @ 9-9-9-24.
    My CPU Ratio Multiplier is @ 18.0.
    AMD Turbo Core is "Disabled".
    CPU Bus / PEG Frequency is @ 225.
    PCIE, CPU/NB frequencies and HP Link speed are set on AUTO.
    CPU Manual Voltage is @ 1.481250v (is highlighted yellow), but registers at 1.476v.
    My DRAM voltage is @ 1.650v with Overcurrent Protection "Enabled".

I actually wish I had gone with the Corsair Dominator GT 8Gb type RAM instead, for better speed and overclock-ability, but, alas, I am stuck with my previous decisions for a while longer.

I currently idle at 25-27C (I'm not lying) and burn in at 50-51C at max load on AMD Overdrive during a full stability test after one hour. This overclock has been perfectly stable for over a month.

That said, I am using the Corsair H100 Extreme CPU Liquid Cooler system to keep temps low, but I would say that EVERYBODY who doesn't run a full liquid cooling system should get this cooler... no matter what. Overclock or not, it will greatly improve the lifespan of a CPU.

It sells here in the US for around $120.00 US. I had to wait three extra weeks to build my system before it showed up. I am VERY glad I waited...

4. slippy1010

slippy1010 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6950 2GB
    Im in a similar position aswell, when I overclock my 1100T is gets stupid hot.
    I cant even get mine to stay stable over 3900mhz.

If I put my multi over x18 it bsod, so Ive to up the fsb to achieve my overclock.
    So Im waiting with interest, to see how you get on with the 1100T.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011