does this error normal with the latest version ?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by yafatana, Nov 18, 2016.

1. yafatana

yafatana Guest

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390 nitro
    when I try to extract the RAR file of the final of MSI AFTERBURNER
    I get this error
    something like this
    security id may not be assigned as the owner of this

normal ?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you download anything it usually has to be right-clicked on and set as "unblocked" in it's properties before Windows will let you tamper with it further but the warning far as I remember doesn't look like that when opening something that the OS has set to blocked as it came from a outside source or how it was called.
    (Some third party AV could have possibly interrupted the extraction - some of them are pretty sensitive for anything not explicitly whitelisted. - or it might not be a fully intact download.)

EDIT: Updating WinRar itself can also help if it's a newer compression method although 7zip has been supported for some time now and I don't think the archive was using RAR5 either.

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    I have something similar with the inner MSIAfterburnerSetup430.rar file when downloaded from MSI, even using latest winrar 5.40 and decompressing to a folder with all permissions. But then the file is decompresssed ok, with same checksum as the guru3d download.