Hey...Lets Ban Clapping/it Excludes Deaf People

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Apr 29, 2017.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    By that logic they shouldn't have talked either. Although that would exclude people who can hear...

Hey must we stop farting because that excludes everyone who can't hear or smell?!

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Deaf culture is odd, I know 3 people who are deaf, 2 total, one near total.

So one is a guy, worked with him in my last job, he has one cochlear implant (that can be removed at will, it attaches into a magnet thing implanted in his head) and that's it, not sure why he doesn't have 2 but I assume it's cause it's an expensive operation for the NHS, deaf from like 2yr old due to meningitis. As far as I know he doesn't know sign language, never quite asked but never heard him mention it, we always just spoke english.

Other two have more normal hearing implants, and will sign to each other. Can still speak english but rely more on lip reading. My good friend knows them better than I do and he told me last week that in the deaf community they consider cochlear implants as effectively traitorous because it is a rejection of deaf culture and seen as a refusal to learn signing.

I need one cochlear implant but the other ear is fine, cba getting it tested and fitted, would probably need to pay for it, as above one ear seems to be good enough for NHS (operation is like £40k for them, they'll avoid if possible), learned to live with it. Of the two people I mentioned above one would constantly try to recruit me to hearing aids (that won't work on me) and sign language, it was pretty irritating tbh.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    What the **** that has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    what was that I can't hear you?

6. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    [​IMG]

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am all for this, nothing more embarrassing than having to go to the doctor and have them inspect your h............ohhhhhhhh......Clapping......ahhhhhh.....right, i got it,GET!,GET it. Ha

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    excuse me you're excluding me right now

as above, it's not so much "snowflake", you can't chose to be deaf or not

what I did do is check the two main names for that story, based on what google was saying, from their public accounts, neither seem to be deaf or have hearing loss but are heavily involved in student councils

what I think happened is that both are high up in student council organisations, and either/or had a couple "snowflake" deaf people like I mentioned above complain about this issue cause they're mental. Or they both saw a new minority to target and exploit to further their social justice campaign

btw, this was a public forum, let's ban clapping cause it excludes deaf people but conduct the whole thing in spoken english. yeah that makes sense

9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Come on scatman!.....he was kidding like we all do and I though your post#5 was kidding around too...We know you super cool Bro!

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jazz hands are ableist.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    i kno man, i was kidding too, i make that joke fairly often

im like, more i read into it, bit irritated at these special snowflake union reps in the articles railroading onto causes they know nothing about

like the white american woman, Rachel Dolezal, leading the black activist party

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahaha^ yep...You can't lead a black activist party and be white!/ Lol :banana:

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Almost as dumb as allowing blind people to buy guns. Yep the "snowflakes" are the idiots.

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Facebook, Twitter, and all written forums should be banned because it excludes people who do not know how to read...cannot make them feel bad about themselves because of that.

No signs of any kind because of the blind. Everything should be done through mental projection directly into the brain. For those without a brain...we had to draw the line somewhere.

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have relatives that use hearing aids because they are hard of hearing and I am willing to bet that they would think that this is stupid.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The pussification of the world continues...this is just stupid. But now I offended stupid people...lol

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Stop living, it excludes dead people.

19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    While at it, let's ban sports, it triggers lazy people.And of course, let's ban thinking, it upsets the morons.Don't forget about banning laughing, it insults depressed people.And the list goes on.
    And let's ban forums, people without internet might get upset.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Ain`t that racism fundamentally - when somebody is banned to do something because of race?