GTX 550 ti not picking up :(

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by NathanielB, Mar 23, 2011.

1. NathanielB

NathanielB Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 550 ti 1GB
    Hi guys,

I been using RivaTuner for some time on my GTX 275 and have just got a GTX 550 ti yesterday and all is good with the 550 (well worth the buy for those interested in getting one!) but it don't work with RivaTuner :(

RivaTuner is giving the following error message in my gadgets: "Could not read GPU Monitor data"

And when I stop RivaTuner it gives the following error: "Failed to connect to RivaTuner. Please start RivaTuner and activate the low-level hardware monitoring module"

So I re-start RivaTuner and it don't give me the option to turn on the low-level hardware monitoring :(

Please can anyone advice on how I get it to work with my GTX 550 ti? I have the latest install of RivaTuner (just checked before posting here).

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    here is no support for 4xx and up cards atm.

use ab to overclock/fan control and nvcp or nvi for the rest.

3. NathanielB

NathanielB Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 550 ti 1GB
    I only need it to turn up the speed of my fan, but I like to have the gadget in my sidebar so I can view the heat of it when gaming as I have managed to over heat a couple of cards before this one lol.

Do you know when my card will be supported?

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Just use afterburners osd for that.

Its not when its if ever..only the man would know

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011

5. NathanielB

NathanielB Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 550 ti 1GB
    Sorry I don't know what you mean by "afterburners osd"? I don't know a lot about how to do all the tech stuff on rivatuner.

I simple need to be able to see the temperature of my g-card on my desktop so I know if its getting to hot or not, so not to risk over heating it.

Is rivatuner not updated that often now then? Who can I contact to ask about getting an update done so more cards work with it?

6. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
  7. NathanielB

NathanielB Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 550 ti 1GB
  8. NathanielB

NathanielB Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 550 ti 1GB
    Thanks so much for the help Nick, its working great now and I can see my card is not getting hot with BC2 Vietnam on full so am really happy with my new card and the fact I can keep an eye on it again thanks to your great fix for rivatunrer :)