Problem showing statistics with D3D9 games

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Aldem, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Aldem

Aldem Guest

GPU:
    ddr3 16 gb
    Hello

I'm using RTSS, MSI Afterburner and of course HWINFO64

I use Afterburner for the FPS and TIME, and hwinfo64 for info related to the CPU.

OSD toggling keys for are set like this:

On/off OSD Afterburner: -
    On/off HWINFO64: +

When playing a D3D10 or D3D11 game, I press -, the FPS and time shows up, and press + and the CPU stats show up

However, on a D3D9 game, I press -, the FPS and time shows up, but when I press + , the FPS and the time disappears instead of the CPU stats appearing.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with rtss, hwinfo64 or afterburner.

Thank you

Alan

2. Seems like a conflict between the two overlays (RTSS and HWINFO64), but I'm not sure. I'll repeat your steps and see if the problem is reproducible on my computer and if so, a possible workaround via editing this post.

Edit:

I was not able to reproduce the error you are getting using a directx 9 program (Skyrim). I did notice a different issue though when Afterburner and HWInfo64 were both hooking into RTSS, which was that the hot key for HWInfo64 was ignored by the RTSS under DirectX 9 (HWInfo64 info hook was displayed, but was not togglable under DirectX9). Note, I used the portable version of HWInfo64 version 5.24. My best guess would be a limitation with RTSS in DirectX 9 or a bug in HWInfo64 for toggling overlay hook in DirectX 9.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016