Rivatuner v2.06 vs v2.07 Fan Speed Control Registry Entries?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by ldspears, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ldspears

ldspears New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nividia 8800 GTX
    When I updated Rivatuner from v2.05 to v2.06 I wanted to keep my Rivatuner Fan Speed Control modifications to my Nvidia 8800 GTX fan speeds depending on the GPU temperatures. Mr. Unwinder said that I could save the Registry entries for v2.05 found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE under SOFTWARE under UNWINDER and restore the saved Registry entries after loading Rivatuner v2.06. I did the save and restore and my Fan Speed Controls worked under v2.06 perfectly.

My question to Mr Unwinder about Rivatuner v2.07. Can I save my Rivatuner Fan Control Speed Registry entries on v2.06 and re-load them after applying Rivatuner v2.07? I hope I can do this and safe all the work of setting up my Fan Speeds Controls at different GPU temperatures.

Thanks
    Dan Spears
    Atlanta, Georgia
    USA

2. Andrés

Andrés Guest

You'll probably have to write them down on paper and make them again using the new Launcher scheme. You will find it's a lot more powerful and straightforward than before and won't regret it at all :)

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Release notes explicitly says the following:

Now all low-level profiles are linked with target display device by physical display adapter location identifier instead of logical display adapter name. Due to this change all previously created low-level profiles will be invisible to new version and you will need to recreate them.

4. ldspears

ldspears New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nividia 8800 GTX
    Thank you Mr Unwinder for your reply on re-loading saved Rivatuner Registry entries. I read your release notes but I just didn't understand the technical explanation

Now all low-level profiles are linked with target display device by physical display adapter location identifier instead of logical display adapter name. Due to this change all previously created low-level profiles will be invisible to new version and you will need to recreate them.

:bang:please don't take this comment the wrong way but may I suggest that you modify your Rivatuner v2.07 release notes and make it very simple that you can't re-load saved Rivatuner Registry entries with v2.07.

Thanks again.

5. Andrés

Andrés Guest

It means that while your video card is seen as "eVGA 8800GTX" in the Windows Control Panel (or something like that), that's just a name, or in other words, the card seen at a logical level. At a physical level, there is a different naming convention. Fan profiles were associated to the logical name before and now are associated to the physical name. What does this allow?, you can apply fan profiles for two distinct video cards in the same computer (i.e. SLI or Crossfire) even if they are of the exact same model and are shown with exactly the same name. This is because physically they will still have different names.