Comparison(AMDFX6300 Vs. Core i5 750)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Damage_Plan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    DUDEEEEEE!!! im getting insane FPS @1920x1080p now... i had to turn Vsync on because of all the frame tearing :) :) :) Holy SHEEOT! I have to see how many FPS im actually getting... whats a good FPS overlay utility for BF4?

Note: I am actually not sure what did it, installing windows 8.1 or F***in around in the Performance Profile settings... All i know is that there is absolutely No Core Parking going on now. the game was utilizing only 75 percent of the CPU while playing on Paracel storm with above average FPS... YEahoo.. im finally able to run BF4 in my Native 1920x1080p with all settings on ultra and 4xMSAA Im jumping for joy.....

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Glad we helped you out. Enjoy your system!

3. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    thanks! you guys on here have to deal with overreacting idiots like me all the time im sure... but thank you soo much... im really good at building PCs and matching hardware but as for the final tweaking/ problem solving im a little lacking... (i guess this is because i rarely run into problems with my builds....) so i tend to flip the big lid a little prematurely... i will post my screens and FPS in a few.. im gonna use shadow play, and i just found a command to type into the console of BF4 that enables the FPS counter its this :
    Hit Tilde (~) then type:
    perfoverlay.drawfps 1.

and BTdubbs, i thought my core i5 did well in BF4?? HAH..... MY AMD6300 F***s my core i5 in the face with a rusty 10 foot piece of jagged steel and p*sses all over it without sympathy. F*** YEAH .......LOL

you have no idea how bummed out i was over this whole hiccup hahhaa

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol, go tell this to some of the Intel fanboys this in some other threads. I tried to convince them that these perform well and they weren't having it, even with the facts and testimonials :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

5. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    This is Crysis 3 on my core i5 750... Youtube fudged up the video with its encoding process... i recorded full 1080P with Shadowplay and uploaded it just as it was (crystal clear and Smooth) Youtube i guess isnt as good as it used to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-DI-MNBI8

This is BF4 (i recorded myself trying to induce a levolution event on the map Paracel Storm. -also on the Core i5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjZXCt6WDk

Another Battlefield 4 Vid.. just tooling around in a boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5TexUTNv3o

will be uploading more today with settings in the recordings..(forgot to show settings in the videos above.)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Well it's a bit unfair to compare it to Lynnfield since it was a cut down version of Nehalem. It's not like today where the only difference is hyperthreading and all the architectures are the same.

7. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    lol i know its a little unfair (but to defend my comparison, the Core i5 can still hold its own against some of the current mid/low and even some entry level- high enders, eeven after realizing how old it is... the core i5 750 is still my Favorite of the First gen Intel CPUs (it offered Explosive Performance at an affordable price in early 2010 when i bought it) i only put the two together for the fact that its still a beast quad core CPU...

Not only that, the Core i5 is an excellent OCer! i was able to Pull of a 4.2GHz BCLK with 1600Mhz Ram clocks for at least a day before it crashed on me
    after that instability, I was eventually able to get a 3.8GHZ stable- pretty impressive considering it was stock 2.67GHz tested with Intel Burn test.... (although it was tricky to get it stable after it crashed from the 4.2Ghz OC)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  8. muf18

muf18 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    Hi!
    @Damage_Plan can you send me invations to youtube videos to comparison i5 750 vs fx6300 ?
    It's my channel youtube. com/user/pe1eterek (remove 3 spaces)

Because I can't see that FX6300 is so much better, with i5 750 OCed. It's for me unbelivable, because many tests in my country (Poland) wipe out FX series out of floor - see the tests
    pclab.pl/ art50000.html (remove 3 spaces from it because I can't post links it's stupid :bang:)
    You can translate with google translate and
    I will explain a few words:
    "Podkrecanie" is overclocking
    "Pobór energii" is Energy consumption

Thans in advance for your input!

I can't send PMs so i post this message, hope you will read it!

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    You know this thread is like a year old right...?