Voltage control

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Terepin, May 23, 2017.

1. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I have ASUS card. Does it make a difference which voltage control option I use? And what is the difference between them?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a little tooltip explanation for the three different voltage settings (Well the MSI one has two varieties so four in total.) but unless I'm completely off it's down to the voltage regulator (Controller?) on the GPU.

Well it's probably simplifying things somewhat and I'm messing up the actual name most likely but the components for voltage on the PCB, the third party non-reference designs can have a couple of different versions of these.

For Afterburner and it's settings reference being the standard, then there's two for MSI models with the second allowing for possibly higher limits and then there's one for third party designs using the MSIAfterburner.oem2 file which is user configurable if you know how to edit this info.

I recommend starting with reference and seeing if that's enough to allow the slider to be dragged around or for monitoring to function. :)
    (Also the tooltips can be very helpful for getting a good overview of the different settings.)

EDIT: Fe so founders edition meaning reference model right? Pretty sure the standard reference setting in Afterburner will be just fine as it's not using a custom PCB and different components. :)

It is a 1080Ti though so using Afterburner 4.4.0 is recommended for support for said GPU.

Which you can find the current latest version of here, it is still in beta however.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5431939#post5431939

(Almost missing the Ti, Fe on the second line of the GPU specs good thing I re-read that.)

Last edited: May 23, 2017