GeForce gtx 860m display adapter

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ThadeusW, Jul 14, 2017.

1. ThadeusW

ThadeusW Guest

GPU:
    GeForce gtx 860m/8GB
    Howdy. I have an asus rog g750jm bsi7n23 laptop. Up until December last year it worked just fine. It has nvidia as well as Intel graphics processors. After an update (not sure which one originally caused the issue) the display adapter disappeared from my devices window. Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing to help the issue. Recently, the tech support folks over at wargaming suggested guru3d's display adapter wipe software. This does the trick, but it takes the better part of an hour to clean, download and reinstall the drivers for the GeForce 860m. This has to be done every time I shut down my laptop....maddening. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I get the code 43 system has stopped the device error.
    Thanks.
    If you need more info let me know.

2. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    I had an 860m completely die on me. Had to have the motherboard replaced because it's an integrated part. If you weren't running your fans full blast while gaming on it you may have a dead GPU. I run my fans at 100% while gaming on it now.

3. ThadeusW

ThadeusW Guest

GPU:
    GeForce gtx 860m/8GB
    Thanks for the reply. It's not dead because if I jump through all the hoops correctly it works perfectly. Somehow there is a snarl when I shut down the computer. I read somewhere that it COULD be that something somewhere creates a log or file or something every time a computer restarts and then the nvidia card gets confused as to what the appropriate driver is and says "derp". That is the only clue I have that might even possibly be related to this issue. I'm not a professional obviously.