Any way to lock custom color correction in 3D games like powerstrip used to do ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by yudonglei16, May 27, 2017.

1. yudonglei16

yudonglei16 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    I used to lock the color profile of my LCD by powerstrip on my HD3650 and HD7750 GPUs, thanks to "Write directly to palette DAC" and "enforcecolor=1" settings in powerstrip, the color curve (LUT) from my icc profile freed from any rewriting events including all 3D games.

While the entech team stopped upgrating the powerstrip in 2012, My perfect solution stopped working with My r9 290 GPU.

I've tried CP keeper, color clutch, MCW, etc. not very helpful.

So is there any way to lock custom color curve with recent gpus(gcn 2.0 3.0 4.0)in ALL 3D games like powerstrip used to do ?

Thanks

2. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    You can use this for ReShade: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/1d-lut-for-reshade/

I'm using it in games, and DisplayCLA Profile loader for the desktop. To don't load two times the profile you can use an exception disabling or resetting the calibration in games.

With powerstrip I was getting banding, and with CP keeper I was getting stuttering in games. So this is the only way I see to do the LUT to work in games.