AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by trevtrev19, Jul 10, 2017.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    It used to work overriding 4x SSAA on Rocket League but hasn't been working for a while now. I did send a report to AMD a few drivers a go.

2. rhinohorn

rhinohorn Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    VSR function

I'm still using 16.5 as version 17.1 & 17.2 prohibits VSR resolutions for me in some of my games (Witcher 3, Shadow Of Mordor) .. :bang:

3. 22JHP

22JHP Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 7900xtx
    280x stock

3dmark11

17.7.1 10 july

X3150 graphics score

17.7.1 17 july

X3183 gs

also 17jul is WHQL

4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT

5. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I can see a link points to July 17 package on the regular driver download page.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Strange, even after ctrl+f5, it still points to the july10 file. (screenshot with mouse-over download link)

7. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, really weird.

[​IMG]

It's probably cached in browser in your case.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  8. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Ot how many ad-blockers are you using? :)

9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Nope, as I told in the previous post it was the same after ctrl-f5 (which clears cache). Also, opening the link with IE instead of Chrome (for the first time) still points to the july10 driver and previous page version. Might be due to some other cache that isn't local.

10. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Ya boyyy! No more UVD bug on my r9 280x. Just closed mpc-hc (i was watching csgo PGL AV1 codec 1080p 60fps) and freq are back to 300/150.
    I'm actually scared to reboot :D

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Still have it on a 7870. If you didn't start MPC-HC with the card already at the lower UVD clock pegged by the browser or anything else (causing the bug to trigger), it's normal that it'll resume to 300/150 fine.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  12. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    I played the stream for two hours while browsing and watching video on YT at 1440p60.
    Both chromium and firefox.

Edit: problem back after a reboot :(

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  13. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Render distance is getting shorter?

Is it just me, on a RX570, suffering very short render distance in games like FC4?
    It's even more awful when in small buildings/huts or walking in long caves.

Here a short sample in bad quality but shows the issue...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByOoZCBVD2j3UUpNeTBlb1YyMVE

14. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Not sure if this is driver related, I also couldn't take a capture of it but sometimes while gaming I get like 1/4 of the screen covered with organized yellow squares shaped in a triangle in one of the screen corners. It happens for a split second at random times (once in maybe 1 hour worth of gameplay) in almost all the games I've tried - first in Watch Dogs 2, thought it's related to ingame graphics, then Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Darksiders, DiRT 4.
    I've benchmarked with 3DMark Firestrike and TimeSpy and couldn't find any visible artifacting with my current OC. Lowering the OC didn't make it disappear in the games. My best guess would be it's related to dynamic GPU clocks? Since 3DMark uses the card fully all the time, unlike Vsynched games.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
  17. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    AMD has finally fix FreeSync in 17.7.2 here the reason why.

Before 17.7.2 you need to have Vsync on in Game in order for FreeSync to kick in but some games will not play nice with FreeSync due of games using Triple Buffering & Double Buffering Vsync without Hardware Vsync which cause issues in games like Just Cause 3 & Fallout 4 & other games not to work with FreeSync.

Now AMD made Enhanced Vsync not only to give you a uncap framerate with out any screen tear but to fix FreeSync problems as well. by adding a hardware base driver level Vsync mode FreeSync should now be working without any problems since it's now a hardware to hardware driver base vs 17.7.1 software to hardware driver base.

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    LOL what?
    I assure you, If the only way to prevent tearing is Vsync=ON, your FreeSync is not working. With or without Vsync.

They are adding Nvidia's Fast Sync.
    I was asking for tearing past max refresh fix ever since I bought FS monitor :bang:
    This should do it I guess.
    Please let it work out of the box, and without some stupid restrictions.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I have finally grown enough ballz to use Wattman undervolting, and to my surprise it works well huraay

But boy is it buggy...still.. it's sostupid, I can't even write it down.
    Well OK i'll try:

Global Profile keeps picking up (some?)particular Game Profile and overwriting its own Watman settings. I revert the Global WattMan profile to its default automatic state, only to find it in manual and udervolted state.
    Or sometimes Watman settings do not kick in. After I restart the game, it works as intended :stewpid:

20. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    What I mean is on AMD side, Vsync does not work when you force in the drivers unlike Nvidia drivers they work when you force it.
    using (In Game Vsync) with FreeSync break FreeSync in some games example: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=411698

So having Enhanced Vsync in AMD drivers will fix FreeSync problems by letting AMD drivers forcing Vsync on, by doing this you have Vsync Force & FreeSync working in one pipeline then two causing issues in games like Just Cause 3 & Fallout 4.