GTX 570 SLI Set-Ups...Please Check In

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by gridiron whirlw, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    What kind of performance can I expect out of an GTX 570 sli. ?

I have an MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III

I can sli with any other GTX 570... Correct ?

Running at 1920 x 1080

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  3. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for the info.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Any meaning as long as it has the same amount of memory. SLI with cards with differing memory amounts even if the GPU is identical, is not supported.
    In other words, trying to SLI a 1280MB model with a 2560MB model. Clock speeds and memory speeds can be different. However, it's best if you can, to match the default clocks.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What HeavyHemi said and the lower clock among the two cards is applied to both the cards in case they're not the same. Any manufacturer or cooler or whatever it doesn't matter as long as the chip and memory amount are the same.

I don't have the 570 but sli scales very well for me, double the performance is virtually guaranteed over the single card configuration which is why I still am on the 460s and satisfied with the performance at 1080p.

6. Nano2k

Nano2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080TI
    I've had GTX570 Sli for about a year, works good, I can run pretty much everything very smoothly even with high settings. However some stuff you cannot do because of the memory limitation.

Temperatures are pretty high too, so I had to move things around the case and I cant overclock a lot.

Will probably always be going for Sli setups from now on when I upgrade.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    forgot about the 2560mb 570, you would have to use the sli patch for that with different memory sizes and probably be relegated to an old driver.

8. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Hi have two MSI twin frozr cards sli and they run great. Temps are about 60 to 65 on some games that run them full bore. They would run a bit hotter but I limit frame rates to 60 to keep them cooler.

9. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks.....I think this is the way I am going to go....maybe pick up a used card for $175.

Do they scale well ?

Are you running at 1920x1080

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Add a single 570 to the bench I linked to.

11. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    OK....thanks.

The look to do pretty good according to that.

12. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    Just thought I'd chime in here...Going on a year and still happy with my SLI 570s. On BL2 for instance with a GTX260 handling PhysX the two cards were pulling ~110FPS at 1920x1080 with all in game settings maxxed out. So far nothing I have played has stressed them to the point I feel I need to upgrade. Although the temptation is there there isn't really a point until more demanding games come out.

13. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Agree with you 100%

The only problem is memory. I have 2x twin frozr III PE cards and can play mostly all my games on full graphics except for a handfull of games but that's a game issue. I play AC3, BL2, BF3, PS2, Hitman: Absolution(excepts MSAA off), etc on full gfx and no problem. Getting 60fps constant. Max temp I've seen was 71C with custom fan speed.

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Even the clocks being linked is no longer forced by the driver. Unless you're using a program like Precision or Afterburner which sync the clocks by default to the Master GPU (typically slot 1) they will run at their individual clocks.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Hmm...I think you're being just a tad 'generous' with your FPS claims. While I can see you hitting over 100 FPS in areas, I doubt that is your average. I know for certain that during heavy PhysX scenes your frame rate is going to be half that or worse. That is a game issue not because of your hardware. :)

16. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I am getting alot more excited about getting another GTX 570 now......i would love to find another twin frozr III or even a twin frorz II for that matter.

I am now officially looking. :)

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Hell i have an evga ref 570 i do nothing with,100$ gets you 570 sli.
    i'll let you try before you buy if you think it sucks ass send the card back np
    pm if needed.
    Oh btw i had 570 sli was ok :)

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I can vouch for cowie, stand up Guy.

19. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    cowie...you have pm

20. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Cowie, please let me know when you ship, I cant wait to see what performance gain that I get with this..actually have been putting off gaming so I can experience my games better with this performance increase :banana: