MSI Afterburner 4.1.0 Official(2014-Dec-22)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 22, 2014.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The only other thing it could be, is Windows itself or malware.

2. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    Every time my Display is awaken from sleep, voltage settings are set to default and I need to load my saved profile once again. Clocks are set correctly.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Disolay driver is entirely responsible for saving/restoring VGA hardware state before/after sleep mode, it is not AB's job. If driver fail to do it properly, there is software workaround option for that in General tab. Examine the options available there and carefully read context help for them.

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    With AB i have +3(5)C on my gpu. VRM's are normal. Default AB settings. No OC (using it for RTSS and osd monitor only). Catalyst 14.12 Omega. Uninstalling AB doesn't work...temps still have additional +3C. Same additional temp showing in AB monitor and latest HWiNFO. Removing AB and re-installing drivers do the trick tho...temp goes back to normal. What da fudge is happening with my 280x? :( Just recently bought it...OR something "funny" goin on with AB "power settings" and (or) such? Help(kinda)?! :bang:

...72-73C w/o AB, 76-78C with AB

PS. sup, Unwinder :)

EDIT:

Oops...wrong section. Bug rep, right?

EDIT2:

My high temp behaving was all gone after I updated my bios with latest version provided by MSI. Apparently there was a temp/ power issues with 3G Gaming r280x series...and my card in particular. Now it's below 70 C on gpu and around 50 C on VRAM...which is very nice.

Updated BIOS by MSI, to fix overheating, VRM temperatures (for MSI R9 280x GAMING 3G)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015

5. ice745

ice745 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 x2
    I have the same issue where Afterburner 4.1.0 running causes Far Cry 4 to not be able to load. It is not Afterburner that causes it, it's RTSS 6.3. It seems to be limited to certain systems; so there must be some other variable.

With RTSS 6.2 installed, and the overlays enabled, Far Cry 4's first black loading screen works without issue, but none of the in-game overlays (steam or uplay) will display. All it displays is the loading bar and the spinner that shows it's working.

With RTSS 6.3 installed, and the overlays enabled, for some reason UPlay's Overlay pops up with instructions on how to open UPlay (did not occur before), and Steam's overlay pops up with my CD-Key (was not popping up before). Then it will crash.

With Afterburner and RTSS closed out, Far Cry 4 loads with no issues, and both the overlays pop up.

There seems to be a compatibility issue with the overlays (but only on some systems?). With RTSS 6.2, the overlays simply don't pop up. With RTSS 6.3 the overlays pop up, but then crash Far Cry.

The workarounds are either to use Afterburner 4.0.0 (since 4.1.0 requires RTSS 6.3), or to disable both in-game overlays. I just figured I'd post this additional information in case it's helpful.

If you want to be able to use the in-game overlays, you have to create a profile in RTSS for Far Cry 4 and set the application detection level to None. This will disable statistics for this game only. It does not suffice to just turn off the OSD settings in RTSS, you must set the detection level to None.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Slowly read RTSS 6.3.0 release notes and disable Uplay overlay.

7. j4r3k

j4r3k Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    I have exact same situation. Running Win8.1 64, no AV software other than Windows Defender and Firewall (both disabled), UAC fully disabled via registry tweak.
    Every freaking time RTTS starts it outputs:
    Some system components cannot be hooked right now. It is strongly recommended to restart application.

I'm out of ideas.

8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    How strange i'm half way through Far Cry 4 right @ this very minute and running A/B like always and not had a single problem with the game crashing loading or in-game , ive never disabled uplay overlay either

Many Thanks for your time and hard work Unwinder, :):):):)