Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    What is the benefit from not using the nvidia drivers?

2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    A lot...

3. auliamaster74

auliamaster74 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M 2GB
    can i install it? my soundcard is IDT High Definition (HP Pavilion G4-2040TX)

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Try it...tryouts are free you know :) Tell us if it works with your sound device...

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i am using also logitech G35 which is uses its own sound engine i guess. USb u know. i want more of it sound is so low. can i use this tool with it?

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i accidently pressed and installed Audio v2. how to uninstall?

7. SoftHard

SoftHard Guest

GPU:
    GTX780GHz
    you should normally see it in "uninstall manager", right?
    I installed Dolby Home Theater v4 and I can see it there

8. SoftHard

SoftHard Guest

GPU:
    GTX780GHz
    Seems there is no possibility to chose sorround configuration (4.1;5.1;7.1)?

9. Zweialca

Zweialca Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB
    When I tried to install the "PCEE" driver the system says "The Installation package is not supported by the processor type. Contact your product vendor." Does this mean its not compatible with my mobo? I have an MSI 760GM-P34 mobo with realtek HD audio.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Which OS - x86 or x64? Message can mean that you are trying to install x64 package on x86 OS.

11. Zweialca

Zweialca Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB
    Hmm might be.. I have a x86 Win7 service pack 1 OS. Just as i double clicked the PCEE installer the notice just pops up.

12. hishamerrish

hishamerrish Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    thank you nicely done
    could you tell me how can i increse the boss in rhis tool... thank you again :)

13. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Can't tell. I have 2.1 speakers and pair of headsets. Works w/o issues with those.

14. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    Hi Zweialca. I also encountered the problem on a 32bit Win7 SP1 home premium edition on my mom's Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop where the PCEE drivers installation package won't install.

The Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi file that fr33jack mentioned in his first post only works with 64bit editions of Windows and not 32bit versions, as I've confirmed this myself. A different PCEE drivers MSI package that specifically works for x86 systems had to be obtained elsewhere [do some google searches and you may find it], which I got to work on the Dell E1405 laptop using Sigmatel/IDT HD Audio. Which means there should have been two separate versions of the Dolby PCEE Driver MSI package, one for 64bit Windows and the other for 32bit Windows.

{Edited 12/4/2014} Also those Dolby MSI packages (un-modified) only work with Windows 7 or higher and not under Windows Vista because the MSI packages require Windows Installer 5.0 and that version is included in at least Windows 7. I've also confirmed this behavior as the "unmodified" Dolby MSI packages do not work on Vista on one of my custom built PCs (forget what was said here before and see my latest post on how Vista users can install and run Dolby AA/HT!)

But installing the Dolby PCEE drivers (the 64bit kind) & Dolby Home Theater V4 on my brother's Sony Vaio VPCEB44FX laptop using Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 edition improve the audio bigtime. I had to turn down the volume below 50% afterwards so that the laptop speakers don't get messed up and the audio was very loud. Dolby HTv4 is way better than using Dolby Home Theater V3 that originally came with the Sony laptop. :grin2:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  15. Zweialca

Zweialca Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB
    Thanks for the detailed response bro. Ok that means i have to find a PCEE 86x bit. Does that mean i have to find a home theater V4 86x also? Ill try my luck googling these installers and ill post my response. Thanks again bro. Yep im also meticulous when it comes to HD sound. I had a component before from PIONEER and it has dolby systems like prologic and dolby surround. Its the best sound to have no wonder dolby technology is the best. XD

16. Laminaat

Laminaat Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX970 4GB
    I wanted to watch a movie with DTS sound and found out that my Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 motherboard with ALC898 did not support this, which with a simple Google search brought me here. I also have Nvidia audio drivers installed because of my Asus GTX970.

Unfortunately I experienced a problem with the files provided in the opening post when I tried installing the PCEE drivers. It runs the installer and gives a non descriptive error stating that it couldn't do it and then I can "finish" the installation without anything happening. I looked at the folder location and it didn't even create a location for the installation. As a test I tried all options, giving the same results. So now I've just installed the Realtek and Nvidia drivers again, for the moment hopefully.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I would like to ask someone to upload the installer somewhere else because I had some trouble downloading it from Mediafire so maybe there is a problem there?

This is the error:

"Dolby PCEE Drivers Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

17. tjpapas

tjpapas Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 680 4gb
    I had the same problem as you (same message/no folder)..I disabled driver signature then tried again, it installed without a problem. Make sure to create a restore point before trying.

18. Laminaat

Laminaat Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX970 4GB
    That worked, thanks! Maybe it should be added to the tutorial?

I tried the movie with DTS again and it still didn't work however. Testing Dolby Digital and DTS in the Windows sound settings did work. After chaning my audio output from 'automatic' in VLC to 'Direct X' + spdif when possible it worked fine. The Demo that came with the Dolby Digital software still plays in stereo though :p

19. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    Hi all. Man the Dolby PCEE drivers, AA & HT packages were great thanksgiving presents for my computers. :)
    I may never have to use those old IDT and Realtek audio drivers on some of my machines ever again!

The Dolby Home Theater v4 & Advanced Audio v2 MSI software packages can install on both x86 & x64 systems, Zweialca. It's just that the OP forgot to post an x86 PCEE driver. Back then I didn't have enough forum posts to mention URLs until recently.

Check out this thread from Notebook Review Forum on the Dolby HT for Lenovo laptops. Click on the "Dolby x86 (32 bit) Drivers Mirror" link there to obtain the 32bit PCEE drivers & Dolby AA/HT software for your x86 Windows system.

Apparently, the Dolby PCEE drivers, Home Theater v4 & Advanced Audio v2 softwares can be used on Windows Vista. It's just that Vista users must edit the MSI installer files in Microsoft Orca to allow installation on that OS. See this Youtube video of a user running Dolby Home Theater V4 on Vista.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  20. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Yeah, after I tried those dolby drivers...my thoughts exactly - never again. Dolby drivers and their sound enhancements and handy equaliser are just too awesome...

I didn't forgot...just never had x86 drivers. Plus, I did not even think that someone still uses "straight x86" windows nowadays :)