Advice on DisplayPort cable and Samsung SA750 monitor.

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by HonoredShadow, Dec 6, 2011.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    My monitor is a Samsung SA750

I am using a DisplayPort cable that came with it. Thing is every now and then the monitor will go blank and a message pops up that says something along the lines of the monitor might not be running at optimal resolution/hz.

If I pull out the cable and put it back in I get picture again. If I turn off the monitor and back on again, I get picture. It wont do it for a while then. Happens a couple of times a night.

Do you think my issues are the cable or the monitor?

If it's the cable could someone suggest one of good quality and supports the latest standard and 120hz please?

Thanks all.

2. rowan77

rowan77 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6970
    I literally joined this forum just so I could post on this thread. Im having the exact same problem. Samsung A950 (only one model up) recently purchased displayport cable for 120 hertz and have been getting the "not optimum resolution" black screen message. The funny thing is, the resolution it reccomends is the resolution my monitor is already set too.

This error had never occured prior to using the displayport cable, which leads me to believe that it could be the cable. But I also updated my graphics drivers for my 6970 recently also.

This error happens at random. Could be leaving my computer idling on desktop, or could be in-game. Its frustrating that its and error that to the best of my knowledge, cannot be disabled.

If anyone has any information on how to fix this error, please inform ASAP. Just got off the phone to samsung and the knuckleheads at the desk told me to try lowering my resolution. Why the HELL would I want to do that on a 27inch $500 screen? Seriously, they are not equiped with the staff to deal with these sorts of problems.