Sony KDL-32EX500 And inputlag

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by signex, Jan 2, 2011.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Hi, again for the third time in short time :p I want a new screen again.
    Sold my old 37inch samsung le37c550 too my parents.

And for for the time being i got an LED BX2250 22inch Samsung screen.
    I'm very pleased with the picture quality and all but well it was a huge step back from 37inch lol. And LED isn't all that great i can't see ANY difference from an LCD screen :3eyes:

So that's why im looking again too get a bigger screen. And this screen catched my eye. Cause of 100hz and i've heard Sony bravia's are good TV's with very good picture quality. But heard it had input lag with gaming.

Should i be worried about it? I only use it for my PC..
    And i couldnt find what response time this screen has.

2. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    i sometimes use KLV-40NX500 for gaming seems to work fine

3. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    That's because it's an LED-lit LCD TV.

Try turning on game mode. This bypasses some video processing features of the TV to reduce input lag.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I just saw an youtube video about the input lag and i can't see any lag at all. I ordered the TV anyway. I'm sure it has better picture quality then my old Samsung LE37C550.
    There are also newer Sony models out but dunno if they are alot better. Maybe i will make up my mind and get the newest model instead. What do you guys think?

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Just got the TV, i was very very shocking at first, it wasnt very bright, the white was really darkish but noticed something was turned on (ambient sensor) i turned it off and then holy **** the picture was sooo much better!!! I knew this TV had more potential :D Sooo happy now, it's also much sharper then my old samsung le37c550. Best TV purchase EVER!! People say samsung are best TV retailer but i disagree sony is good aswell, maybe overpriced but you'll get a very good product for it ;)

6. alco

alco Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx780 DirectcuII OC
    i got the sony 52ex700
    to reduce input lag (yes its there) disable motionflow
    ambient sensor should be off like you said to dark
    setting up the colors is personal taste but there are some forums with calibration settings for yours or simulair tv
    but it depends on the screen the light in the room etc. to get a good calibration
    personaly for me its not worth the dollars to let it calibrate by a pro

(mocht je van je lcd af willen ik zoek er nog 1 voor de kids :D hahaha)

bigger is better sometime's
    if you can get a bigger one you will be happier in the end
    where did you buy it ?

enjoy your new tv !!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well i like the motionflow (with movies+TV) I will try when im gaming if it improves. I'm always in a dark room it's better imo :D

I got it from plasma-discounter.nl best site in Holland for TV's very good service. Well bigger i don' know, for PC monitor bigger then 32inch is pretty overkill :D I can trade with my parents for my old tv (37inch) but it has ghost effects and it's very annoying when watching movie.

edit: disabling motionflow didn't improved it at all. Btw what is the differents between standard and high motionflow?

8. alco

alco Master Guru

GPU:
    high motion flow is the "100hz" technology
    i play shooters most of the time and when i put motionflow on i can't hit a sitting duck :S
    for movies specialy blueray its ok
    though sometimes you get the feeling your watching a soap serie (camera wise)

do you have vsync on ??
    because here its a difference likeday and night with motionflow on or off

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I use vsync sometimes, especially with cod games. I'll try playing with motionflow off i havent tried that yet.

edit: it didn't make a single difference for me :p I'm too lazy too rma it :( But i should... cause playing shooters is hard with inputlag.

10. enthusiast17

enthusiast17 Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6870
    I think it should be fine.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I like the TV alot but the inputlag is killing me :(

edit: i've decided too return the TV, it's for the best. I don't think will get used too that inputlag.

edit2: I can't find any other TV without input lag, atleast none with 100gz trumotion. I want that feature for movies.
    I've found a new TV Samsung LE32C650 but when googling it also has this problem. I noticed some TV's fixes input lag with new firmwire is that true?

12. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    V-sync also causes huge input lag in FPS games.. just so you know.

13. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    uhh... vsync + motion flow = a crapload of lag.

with my panasonic, motion pro adds 50ms or so of lag. with vsync set to 3 pre rendered frames, thats 48-50ms more of lag (at 60hz each frame is displayed for 16.67ms).

combine it and thats around 100ms of lag.

if youre playing a shooting game, turn off vsync and motionflow/motionpro.

14. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    qft...

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Wtf you're my hero :banana: I think it solved it. I also downloaded firmwire that improves performence (i gues about the inputlag?)

EDIT: waaaaaaaaaaaah it worked it's gone by alottt where do you live i wanna kiss you :wanker:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I didn't know that, on my old TV i had no problems using v-sync. Is this only troubling with 100hz tv's? But if i disable trumotion i dont see improvement so i turned that standard cause then it looks sily smooth when off it looks like it's running in 24p :3eyes:

17. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    its dependent on your graphics cards and the driver settings.

with nvidia cards, the vsync's pre rendered frames value is set to 3. this means that what youre seeing is actually 3 frames behind where it should be. at 60hz, each frame is displayed for 16.67ms (1000ms/60hz). so having a pre rendered frames value of 3 means youre introducing 3x16.67ms=50ms of lag. add in that video cables normally introduce around 16.67ms, as well as the slower response rate of some TVs, and the lag increases big time.

with nvidia, you can set the pre rendered frames value in the driver to maintain the visual smoothness of vsync with minimal lag. not too sure about amd, its wasnt embedded into the driver with my 5850s but im guessing theres a program to tweak it.

18. alco

alco Master Guru

GPU:
    i tried it with some drivers with the pre rendered frames but i always had some strange crashes
    but... gonna try again :D

edit : i have set it to 1 and no crash gonna experiment a little Thx..

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Well turning off v-sync aint that bad i don't notice frame tearing anyway. When turning it on it looks smoother then with v-sync off.

But with motionflow on standard it looks smooth too with v-sync off. Plus i don't have input lag yay :banana:

So i'm happy now. And people say turning it on improves the input lag but i disagree it made no difference on my screen. Felt the same way with it turned off.

20. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    from what i can see on my TV, with motion pro enabled to max, response time is 50ms or so.

with motion pro disabled and TV set to game mode, response time is 5-6ms.