Z-680 better then Z-5500?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by signex, Oct 3, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    So i bought this set for a damn good deal, 110 euro.

Some people said that the Z-680 is a little bit better and that the subwoofer is louder and better.

And some say the opposite, so i'm hoping someone here who has heard both can shed some light on that?

The Z-5500 is supposed to be the succesor to the Z-680, and i think older speakers are usually a little bit better?

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Haze Z-680 sitting by my desk, hooking them up tomorrow, they sat in the closet for a good 6 years or more. They sound very good. They are more power in watts then the Z-5500, but smaller sub, incredibly powerful.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Mine will come today, they seem to be in excellent condition when i saw them.

Yeah size doesn't matter much, even a 6inch can be very powerful.

If you say they sound good, i have nothing to worry about then. :D

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I owned a z5500 and i listened to the 680 a long long time ago so i can't give you details on that but they both left me with my mouth open in terms of power, that is certain.

But that was because of the bass only, the satellites are the main flaw of the logitechs, a genius HF 6000 with some padding on the inside of the sats will blow the logitechs away in terms of quality of the satellites. Well not that any of this matters for you since you already made your purchase. The logitech is that kind of a sound system that won't leave your head until you actually purchase it and get it out of your system. At least that's how it was for me.

If you want a better sounding surround get an edifier S550 or klipsch if you can find one. Much better than the logitechs. They produce a more natural sound(like you're whole body is massaged by vibrations) rather than the "stomach punch" the logitech offers.

Edit: Oh and btw, you should get a soundcard, it will make a huge difference for the z5500, you could use optical on the onboard but if you want the best sound use a soundcard and the 3.5mm connection.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I've looked for the Klipsch ProMedia's few times, but when i got the money i can never find them.

These won't be used for PC, i'm hooking them up to my PS4 with optical cable.

EDIT: Well they actually sound pretty good, expected the sub to be a little bit bigger though.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014