MSI r9295x2... afterburner = +100mv trixx =+300mv

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Plug2k, May 18, 2015.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    any way to edit or over ride voltage to give these cards more voltage than 100mv.... ?
    its strange that trixx lets you add more than what afterburner allows.

im trying to get higher than 1200mhz on my card but adding 100mv the card will freeze up after 30 minutes with 100mv i figure 140mv would let me get there......

and i dont want to have to use trixx when afterburner is the bee`s knee`s :)

only ask if its possible to do it or if there is a editable meth0d of adding more.

2. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    try his iturbo it gives you more to play with

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Does not look like version 1.5.0 is compatible with R9295x2.
    thats if 1.5.0 is the latest version.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, you cannot override maximum safe voltage limit without hacking the application. It is up to Sapphire to decide what is safe for their average user, it is up to MSI to define max limit they find safe for average overclocker. And there is good reason for that, there are ALWAYS some users setting everything to max then claiming that "evil soft set everything to max itself, I did nothing".
    Live example:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399219

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    would just be great if there was a way for advanced users to modify via editable config or something ...

there are lots of people out there with custom water cooling that would benefit from the average air or aio voltage settings, with said disclaimer stating the fact altering these voids warranty or something like that kind of disclaimer :D

just would have been cool thats all...

:edit: just looks at the post your quoted and WOW lmfao, you do get idiots around here i mean just look at his name pillock lol

Last edited: May 20, 2015