xbox one and resolution

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by drbaltazar, Feb 10, 2014.

1. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    ok ! with all the complaint from dev and user,any know what is the plan ?:stewpid:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Is this a question, or a statement?

i.e. What are you getting at?

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There is no plan, they made their choice so they're going to stick with it.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It is simple. We kill the Batman.

5. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    :banana::banana:

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Basically, their plan is, to roll out an Xbox One update to release 8% of reserved GPU power from Kinect which still won't help.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Don't honestly think it matters. The internet puts such a huge spotligt on the smallest issues these days. I get 1080p *should* be standard but it's not, so what? Shame on anyone that believed them, they pulled the same thing with the 360 - "nothing under 720p 2xAA" and that lasted all of 4 or 5 months (look up how badly scaled and low res Halo 3 was).

I'm not saying it's right, but at the end of the day, if you enjoy the games, who cares?

If you want crisp resolutions and crazy Image Quality you stick with PC'S.

I have a decent PC a PS4 and a Xbox One, resolution anger be damned, I've been playing my Xbox One more than anything, between Killer Instinct (Spinal character update)Ryse, Crimson Dragon and Need for Speed I can't get enough. I also just purchased a new 42" LED LG TV so re-playing Ryse has been insane compared to the old LCD 32" Sony I had.

Anyways, all these arguments and in a year's time, ps4 and xbox one will both be back to 720p and upscaled to get the most out of each box. It's what the industry does. Just play the games, enjoy them, don't worry about the things you cant control.

But having said all this...yeah...lol @ that whole 8% extra gp MS is releasing from Kinetc. :bang:

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Res really is not that important in the long run, but i can sympathise with those who just spend a arm and a leg upgrading from last gen 720p thinking they were investing in at least hardware capable of 1080p out of the box, to then again get next gen titles at the same res as last gen, that's got to sting considering the prices they are charging for the hardware.

I am so gald i sat this launch bandwagon out.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I don't think it's the 720p part that is the big gripe but the 30FPS on the XBone. If the game is at 720p it should run at 60FPS end of story. All M$ is going to throw money at marketing and convince the dumb-masses that they have the best console on the market because it's XBOX.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Y. Just why.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A necessary evil.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The turtle soup Gotham deserves?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A soup that Gotham needs because whatever doesn't feed you simply makes you .. stranger.

14. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Let's face it, we all knew from get go they would struggle to deliver 1080p with such weak APU

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    In a few years they may go down to sub-HD :p

16. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Well the Titan Fall beta is 792p... def won't be 1080p for launch. MS really missed the ball when putting more money into connect and the APU.

No way this platform will have a 10 year lifespan.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    5 year at best.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    As Loophole said, it's not so much the resolution that's the issue it's the fact that even at 720p, 60fps still isn't achievable. Also the edge sharpening that seems to happen when the Xbox One upscales games to 1080p is just plain horrible.

Although saying that, 1080p really is nice on larger screens where 720p really doesn't look great.

19. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'd give my right arm to see RDR rendered in genuine 1080p without upscaling. Hope they do this with RDR2.

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Another thing about the X1's power and their hopes for a 10 year lifespan... and this applies to the PS4 too: Both of these systems are too weak for a decade long run.

They can hope and prey for long life, but the power limitations of the systems will invite competition in a few years.

This would be a perfect time for Nintendo, or other up-start/ Mega-Corp to release a system at least double the power of the X1 and PS4.

That said, if no one wants to enter the "high-end" console market... including Nintendo, then MS and Sony can get away with using these platforms for about a decade.

A lot this might also depend on the world economy. If it really picks up in the next few years (ie wage increases) people can easily stomach a more expensive console.

The PS360 really benefited from the economy melt-down... That's the only reason why it had such a long life... frankly, I think MS and Sony where spoiled by it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014