Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Game Tweaks and Modifications
Game Tweaks and Modifications This forum is dedicated to game modifications and tweaks. Here you can discuss performance and image quality modifications.

Old
  (#51)
teresadejesus

Videocard: GTX 550 TI
Processor: AMD Atlhom X2
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 8
Default 10-02-2014, 18:20 | posts: 4

Hi!!! cmh175, this mod is with the NEW UBIPATCH v1.05.324. thank you.

Old
  (#52)
teresadejesus

Videocard: GTX 550 TI
Processor: AMD Atlhom X2
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 8
Default 10-02-2014, 18:21 | posts: 4

Sorry for my english

Old
  (#53)
cmh175
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i5-3570k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth z77
Memory: 32GB G.Skill DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 10-02-2014, 19:16 | posts: 412

Hey guys, all mod info can now be found in the Changelog section. Including the current patch version. Questions regarding patch versions will be directed to the first post. If you notice an older patch version to what's the current one though just let me know and I'll have the mod updated.

Last edited by cmh175; 10-02-2014 at 20:01.

Old
  (#54)
slickric21
Maha Guru

Videocard: 1080 hybrid 2139mhz/Gsync
Processor: 4770k 4.7core 4.2cache
Mainboard: MSI Z87 DG65
Memory: 16Gb Gskill TriX 2666mhz
Soundcard: Realtek 1150
PSU: Corsait GS 800
Default 10-03-2014, 22:50 | posts: 2,436 | Location: U.K

Thanks for the effort into this. Love being able to configure the mod to own taste.

One thing i'm wondering (i am a watchdogs newbie) is why there is no Gamerprofile.xml with this mod.
Which one should I use?
My own default one or another one from somewhere ??

Old
  (#55)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-03-2014, 23:09 | posts: 412

I cant really provide a GamerProfile.xml. I mean I could, but then you'd be stuck with the exact same settings as my game. It's the file that every game settings is stored (audio, subtitles, game difficulty, graphics) So it's just better to use your own. Set up your game the way you like it first, then follow the directions on the first post to boost your frame rate. It's a pretty simple fix so you wont have any trouble. I'll check if I mentioned it there, but don't alter anything in the graphic settings after doing this. The game will default the refresh rate back to normal until you reset your game. If you want to add a permanent change to your settings make the file read/write again, change the settings in the game, and redo the fix again.

Old
  (#56)
Deasnutz
Master Guru

Videocard: Titan X 12GB
Processor: Intel 4930k @ 4.3Ghz
Mainboard: MSI x79-gda plus
Memory: 32GB DDR3 2133Mhz Quad
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: 750
Default 10-04-2014, 19:06 | posts: 161 | Location: Top of the World

sorry if I'm being ignorant, but

Where is the new Worse Mod? The ones I downloaded were two files (patch.*).

Does anyone know where I can get the WorseMod + 1.05?

Old
  (#57)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-04-2014, 19:19 | posts: 412

TheWorse Mod isn't compatible with the new patch, it's been updated with a few settings from my mod and merged together. Download is on first page, look at changelog for changes.

Old
  (#58)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 4100mhz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skill F3-2400C10 16gb
Soundcard: Onkyo TX-SR508 (HDMI 1.4)
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 10-05-2014, 00:10 | posts: 488 | Location: France

Just to say Thank you for the "performance" defaultrenderconfig.xml !

It was exactly what I wanted ! Now, minimal stuttering with everything to ultra apart shadows to High, and Temporal SMAA. And I have all the features (especially dynamic reflections).

I use Ultra textures from Marduk's merge.

Here is a result :

The only annoying thing is car that appear/disappear all of a sudden.

Old
  (#59)
CannedBullets

Videocard: GTX 770
Processor: FX-6300
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic X650
Default 10-05-2014, 00:54 | posts: 4

So I'm in BlumeForge and right when I get to the part where you have to use the toy car it says hold your caps lock to open the weapon wheel. the issue is that I can't do that, I can't do anything, the game didn't crash but my character is stuck. I've tried reloading from last checkpoint, nothing, restarting the mission, nothing. Exited the game and reloaded, nothing. What do I do?

Apparently this glitch is tied with TheWorse Mod, but I downloaded and installed it from this thread a couple days ago. How do I fix it? I tried reinstalling the patch, did you guys just release an updated version or something? I mean the version I downloaded a couple days ago should work. I even tried going back to stock after verifying game cache and it still doesn't work.

Old
  (#60)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-05-2014, 01:08 | posts: 412

I'm sorry man this isn't an issue I've heard of. I've played through the majority of the dlc at this point and it works the same as it always has. I personally use a controller so I don't know much about the game and keyboard controls and any issues regarding them. I know a few who are keyboard and mouse gamers though and haven't heard of any control issues with the mod and freezing. I have heard the dlc has a few bugs, one of which I believe was related to freezing and maybe save corruption (that's just WD in general I guess). I'd have to verify though. Do a search on known bugs with the dlc, I'm sure you're not the only one to see this. More than likely it's related to the dlc. The mod doesn't change anything that would effect the controls.

Old
  (#61)
CannedBullets

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-05-2014, 01:22 | posts: 4

No useful stuff from the Ubi forums other then the fact that its an outdated version of the mod causing it to glitch out on people. I have the updated version, do you want me to send you any files or something so you can see what's wrong?

I am honestly pissed off, I paid for the Season Pass and now its a waste. We wouldn't need patches if Ubisoft didn't gimp the game on PC just so console babies don't question why their version looks like crap. So yeah, once you get down to it Ubisoft caused all this.

Old
  (#62)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-05-2014, 07:22 | posts: 412

The game also just suffers from poor quality control. When it was first released it seemed like no one had actually tested it at all. I had crazy transparency issues, like buildings and fences and stuff showing through onto Aidans clothes. Made the game totally unplayable for the longest time.

If you aren't using anything additional to the mod than all in all the files are the same. Have you tried restarting the dlc? It sounds like the game had a hiccup right at a check point and it killed your game save. It sucks you're having such a hard time but after verifying the game cache it'll probably run fine now. Once you're sure you can control the rc car without the game freezing it gets pretty good, I think the dlc is better than the actual game.

Old
  (#63)
CannedBullets

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-05-2014, 08:00 | posts: 4

Yeah I verified the game cache the first time to uninstall the mod, tried playing it stock and the same thing happened. I may have to restart the entire expansion pack.

The only mods I installed were the patch from this thread. Added other options also but they were also from this thread's main file.

Old
  (#64)
KuroTenshi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 4100mhz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G-Skill F3-2400C10 16gb
Soundcard: Onkyo TX-SR508 (HDMI 1.4)
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 10-05-2014, 14:21 | posts: 488 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedBullets View Post
So I'm in BlumeForge and right when I get to the part where you have to use the toy car it says hold your caps lock to open the weapon wheel. the issue is that I can't do that, I can't do anything, the game didn't crash but my character is stuck. I've tried reloading from last checkpoint, nothing, restarting the mission, nothing. Exited the game and reloaded, nothing. What do I do?

Apparently this glitch is tied with TheWorse Mod, but I downloaded and installed it from this thread a couple days ago. How do I fix it? I tried reinstalling the patch, did you guys just release an updated version or something? I mean the version I downloaded a couple days ago should work. I even tried going back to stock after verifying game cache and it still doesn't work.
It's a known bug of the DLC. You have to use the "TAB" key to open the wheel. The TAB key is the default keymapp for inventory ^^.

Old
  (#65)
CannedBullets

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-05-2014, 21:34 | posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroTenshi View Post
It's a known bug of the DLC. You have to use the "TAB" key to open the wheel. The TAB key is the default keymapp for inventory ^^.
I think I have it mapped to the caps lock, but I'll try that, if that doesn't work then I'll have to start over.

EDIT: That worked, thanks!

Last edited by CannedBullets; 10-05-2014 at 22:05.

Old
  (#66)
hishamerrish
Member Guru

Videocard: GTX 980 TI
Processor: i7 3770k
Mainboard: G1-SNIPER 3
Memory: CORSE AIR 1800HZ 8GB
Soundcard: X-FI + BR HOME THEATER
PSU: GIGABYTE 750
Default 10-07-2014, 16:15 | posts: 106 | Location: LIBYA

i will try it

Old
  (#67)
RaulR
Master Guru

Videocard: Msi GTX 660
Processor: Core i3 2200
Mainboard: MSI
Memory: 16 gigs
Soundcard: Audigy 4/ Creative 2.1
PSU: SilverPower SS500 500W
Default 10-22-2014, 22:41 | posts: 251 | Location: Romania

Thank you for posting this mod, cmh175. It's really great and i enjoy playing the game with it, i like the fact i can choose what effects to use in the game. Also it runs smoother, not that much stuttering anymore, even though i get lower framerates, i think it's more playable this way.
But i do have one request, if it's possible. I noticed that compared to the vanilla graphics, the shadows look a bit worse, especially in the day time. I think they are lower resolution then the default ones. Please correct me if i'm wrong
So can you please give us the option of using the defaut shadows?

Old
  (#68)
Cuban Legend
Member Guru

Videocard: ASUS 770GTX DCU2-OC
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 940
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair v1
Memory: 2X2GB Corsair DDR2 800
Soundcard: ASUS SoundMax 8ch Riser
PSU: Kingwin 550
Default 10-26-2014, 17:45 | posts: 95 | Location: in my house

I agree with the above post, cmh175 has done great work! I get much less stuttering while driving even through my framerate is a bit lower than usual, which is great!

Old
  (#69)
RaulR
Master Guru

Videocard: Msi GTX 660
Processor: Core i3 2200
Mainboard: MSI
Memory: 16 gigs
Soundcard: Audigy 4/ Creative 2.1
PSU: SilverPower SS500 500W
Default 10-26-2014, 21:36 | posts: 251 | Location: Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Legend View Post
I agree with the above post, cmh175 has done great work! I get much less stuttering while driving even through my framerate is a bit lower than usual, which is great!

Yes, but the shadows seems to be stuck on "Low" settings, even if i have them set to "Ultra" in the options. Only in daytime, in night they look fine.
Other then that the mod is perfect. Does somebody else has this problem?

Old
  (#70)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2x-SLI Gigabyte G1 980 Ti
Processor: i7-3770K @ 4.5 GHz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme
Memory: 16GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w P2
Default 10-27-2014, 20:00 | posts: 1,322

High bloom. This is kinda silly.

Why is there no setting between low and high? I wish I knew how to edit the XML myself. Low seems too low and high seems like I have my gamma turned up as high as it could possibly go...

Old
  (#71)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-28-2014, 00:15 | posts: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post
High bloom. This is kinda silly.

Why is there no setting between low and high? I wish I knew how to edit the XML myself. Low seems too low and high seems like I have my gamma turned up as high as it could possibly go...
There isn't a setting between low and high. Technically it would be vanilla-> low-> high. Everything else is just higher and higher. Low is a good balance where the effect is present and pretty realistic and not overly blinding at night or have a wash out effect like in high. I had discontinued High at one point, but a few people still prefer it so I added it again with up to date settings. Unfortunately what's available is what can be done, at least without a buttload of hex editing in the bloom.lib, which I don't really have time for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaulR View Post
Yes, but the shadows seems to be stuck on "Low" settings, even if i have them set to "Ultra" in the options. Only in daytime, in night they look fine.
Other then that the mod is perfect. Does somebody else has this problem?
The shadow settings were actually increased for the mod, so I'm not sure what you mean. They look pretty good to me throughout the game, show me a screen shot of what you're talking about with the mod options and in game graphic settings you're using and I'll take a look.

Last edited by cmh175; 10-28-2014 at 00:19.

Old
  (#72)
CobraCommander

Videocard: Asus R9290X 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K
Mainboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe
Memory: DomPlat 16GB @ 2666
Soundcard: Asus On-Board
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Default 10-28-2014, 01:20 | posts: 37 | Location: Snottsdale

I usually play WD on my 70" Sony and it was far too bright for that screen, but when I brought it down to my second screen, it looked good. Reminded me a little of taking off your sunglasses during high noon.

On my LG 34UM95 monitor, I only wish I could stop it from snapping back to 16:9.

Old
  (#73)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-28-2014, 02:57 | posts: 1,322

Next question. Just started Bad Blood and this is the first scene.

Is it the mod making the game stupidly dark, or is it like this with the vanilla game?

EDIT: Oh FFS. It was the mod. I reverted it and tried it vanilla.

Guess I'm stuck with vanilla. Joy.

Last edited by jim2point0; 10-28-2014 at 03:15.

Old
  (#74)
cmh175
Master Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-28-2014, 04:52 | posts: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post
Next question. Just started Bad Blood and this is the first scene.

Is it the mod making the game stupidly dark, or is it like this with the vanilla game?

EDIT: Oh FFS. It was the mod. I reverted it and tried it vanilla.

Guess I'm stuck with vanilla. Joy.
You need to read the first post for any mod before installing it, particularly if you see NOTE written in bold. I can only assume you have the environment lighting option installed. I really should have just discontinued that. Add the vanilla option to fix the issue, I can assure you otherwise the mod wouldn't cause something like that.

Old
  (#75)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 10-28-2014, 05:13 | posts: 1,322

I missed that bit. It was a large OP

I'm trying default now to see if it fixes it, but I'm sure it will.