Core and Shader reset when i press apply

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by miser, Feb 22, 2012.

1. miser

miser Guest

GPU:
    9600m gt
    Evening,

until recently i have used afterburner to overclock my 9600m GT in my laptop.

however i recently noticed a drop in graphic performance, when i checked the overclocked settings i noticed that they have reset to:

CC 500mhz
    SC1250mhz

like i said i have succesfully overclocked and verified the following on this card:

CC650mhz
    SC1625mhz.

when i try to apply the overclock settings (including different speeds) they reset to default.

can anyone tell me why this happens and how i can fix it :)

Cheers.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

System requirements section of documentation clearly says that laptops are not supported, and will never be supported.

3. miser

miser Guest

GPU:
    9600m gt
    Thanks for that diplomatic reply. but thats not what i asked, whether or not they are supported.

i am not looking to point fingers etc, i am not too worried about the health of my old laptop or it's graphics card.

simple question really.

i have successfully overclocked using this wonderful software.

now it doesn't i.e. doesnt allow me to apply settings.

i was wondering if anyone has had this problem with any card (supported or not) and if they managed to figure out why.

i wont trouble you again.

cheers

Miser.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's not a diplomatic reply and not a question of laptop health. Once again, I don't code the application for mobile setups, if it works - take it as a bonus. If it doesn't - don't complain, it is not supposed to, sorry.

5. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    It's a bonus that it works on my laptop, I agree. The key for me was matching versions of Afterburner with Nvidia drivers. In my case 2.2.0 beta14 and 290.53

You can always try Nvidia System Tools. Maybe Nvidia takes some responsibility for supporting their own hardware.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012