Solution For CUDA Problem In Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sprocketgearzz, Sep 28, 2014.

1. sprocketgearzz

sprocketgearzz Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB DDR5
    you Know that Nvidia has changed its support for CUDA in her latest Geforce drivers.
    here is how you can make it active in programs which depends on CUDA :

1- Get the Dll file and extract it to the program installation directory
    2- For 32-bit systems download this >>> Download
    3- For 64-bit systems download this >>> Download

Notice : if you use windows 64x but your program directory is x86 please download "32-bit Dll file"

Enjoy

pictures from my desktop with driver 344.11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Nice post and all but It is already known, I suppose a thread explaining it is good though.

Edit: Ah, I see that your way is different, placing them in them in the apps folder instead of "System32" or "SysWOW64" should mean that they wont be removed when you uninstall your driver.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  3. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    So where do you place this exactly?

4. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It should go where the apps exe is, I haven't tested it though.

5. sprocketgearzz

sprocketgearzz Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB DDR5
    yes it won't be deleted

in your app installation directory

Exactly

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    got it thanks,

[​IMG]

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cuda works just fine for me in 344.11 drivers with most recent update to AVC (any video converter) the programs need to be updated..

8. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Do you mean it works fine after you tried this or it was already working fine.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  9. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Double post.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not it hasnt, Cuda works just fine on 344.11 in the latest version of AVC Any video converter , Even manualg said the Video editing programs have to be updated.

Meaning I did not need this file here or the modified drivers for cuda to work, I just waited for the program creator to update there program.

If it works correctly with any issue i dont know as i dont do alot video editing, but the converting is definitely faster then with out it enabled

http://i.imgur.com/FTMeOT7.jpg

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/whatnew.php

11. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Source?

As far as I am aware "NVCUVENC" was removed from the drivers after the 337.88 drivers were released, that's why we had to mod them, the 344.11 don't even contain the "nvcuvenc" dlls.

Edit: How? they don't even contain the dlls, does the app already have the dlls in there directory?

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    manualg said it on the nvidia forums month so back it buried at this point. AVC works with out need of modify drivers, but it look like it does have that file.

None the less ManualG said month so back that the video converter programs need to be updated for it to work. IF the developer bothers to update the program none of this is needed

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I remember him saying that apps that supported NVCUVENC will have to be updated to support NVENC. I don't see why NVIDIA would remove NVCUVENC support and then says devs would have to update their apps themselves to support it when they were already supported in the first place, ManuelG is even trying to get it put back in.

It looks to me like AVC figured out themselves that all they needed was dlls in the directory to get it working again, It doesn't help people though if they have apps that supported NVCUVENC but are no longer updated. I know it is easy to place the dll in the directory but they shouldn't have to.

It was a dirty move by NVIDIA imo, to force people to upgrade to GPU's that support NVENC.

14. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT

Pretty much this ^

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Which is what i referring too NVCUVENC is deprecated NVENC is what all the progams need to be updated to use. Which has not done been done and AVC seem to be using the deprecated files in its program instead of using the NVENC that the programs as supposed to be updated to use. Kepler and higher should have this support no?

Fact is I dont do much Video converting so this isnt huge issue to me AVC works that all that matters.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Oh, I thought that you meant he said that apps needed to be updated to support NVCUVENC.

Of course apps should be updated to support NVENC, It's better than NVCUVENC and people who have GPU's that support it should have the choice to use which one they want, but the people who don't have GPU's that support it (which is probably more than the people that do), shouldn't be forced to upgrade to be able to continue to use their apps.

NVIDIA have stopped to supporting NVCUVENC, which is fine, but there was no need to remove it from the drivers, they only removed two dlls (one for 32 bit apps) and a few lines of text from the inf's, it wasn't as if it was bloatware, they just want people to upgrade so they can make more money.

NVIDIA should encourage devs to support NVENC as well as NVCUVENC, they shouldn't force it by removing NVCUVENC from their drivers and alienating a lot of their customers.

Anyway, they have made their decision and there's nothing we can do about it, it's just good that it's easy for devs to update their apps to support it again.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Just wanted to update everyone. It does not appear we will bring back NVCUENC. We've collected a list of names of the apps customers are using that still rely on NVCUENC so that our devrel can see if they can work with the software developers to switch the API used by those programs to the current NVENC API.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i use it with this:

[​IMG]

19. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    MPC-HC doesn't even use NVCUENC. It uses NVCUVID which is Nvidia's CUDA-based video decoder for playing back H.264 videos, and it's still available in the latest drivers. NVCUENC is for encoding videos, not for playing them back.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks for clearing that up, well i use windows movie maker too.