HD 7000 Series Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pokerapar88, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I really can't wait to see if these cards really end up using XDR2 memory. If AMD utilizes this correctly, it will be way beyond what we have now. Textures loading and unloading into memory will be so lightning fast compared to what we have now, it should enable much higher resolution textures over what we have now.

I just hope this turns out to be XDR2. These cards could really change everything.

Low power usage, yet such high performance.

2. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yeah, I took it the wrong way! Sorry about that :)

3. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    When i read that pci-e 3.0 would be retrocompatible with pci-e 2.0 what I understood was this: A pci-e 3.0 mobo could run pci-e 2.0 cards

The problem was that I was't sure if it would be true the other way around. I have no intention(now at least) of double card configuration, and if I do it, I think that my cpu will bottleneck my cards faster than the pci-e 2.0, since I think can do 16x 16x on this board.

So, just to make sure: There is any chance that if I buy an HD7950/70 or an GTX 670/80 I'll end up with a (very expensive) brick that I can't use on my mobo?

OFF-topic

How the h*** I was promoted to "Master Guru"?
    I'm still noob here, am I not?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Don't forget the insanely high prices....

Considering that Intel will have the only PCIe3.0 compliant components, it would be a complete failure for the industry as a whole if PCIe2.0 and PCIe3.0 were not fully backwards compatible with each other. But, to answer your question... If the components are built by the PCIe specifications they claim compliance with, every PCIe card is fully forward and backward compatible either previous and future PCIe specs. This is included in the specification to guarantee compatibility and not have a repeat of the AGP spec.

You get "promoted" through post count.....more posts, the "higher" your "rank" gets.

Not a problem, we're all human.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    7950 for ~370€/500$ doesn't sound thaaat bad.. Compared to 6950 at ~ 320€ when it first came out.

7970 should be what 60-90€ more..

6. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    I'm not acostumed to frequent forums. This and Head-fi are my first forums.

About the prices, it's true that XDRs are more expensive thand DDRs, but, how expensive they can become?

As an objective question: An HD7970 can transpass US$ 500 (today amazon's price for the GTX580)?

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    $500USD would make it considerably more expensive than the HD6950 was at launch. I don't even recall the HD6970 being $500USD at launch.

The cost to manufacture would be dependent on demand, material costs, circuitry complexity, etc. If it's anything like RDRAM was....it'll be 3x the cost of gDDR5 to produce....

8. jhelsas

jhelsas Guest

GPU:
    PC HD 7970
    As far as I can remember, the HD6970 didn't reach US$ 500 at launch, still, i'm thinking on worst case scenario for the HD7950. IF, for any miracle, goes out for US$ 400 or less, correct me if i'm wrong, with the performance that you are projecting + suposing no big bugs or issues, be a monster both in performance and in cost/benefit.

9. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Please, enlighten me. Do take into account that I said 'almost' the same, I'm well aware of the capabilities of both consoles and the type of hardware in them.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    i already said my pov that PC is more powerful, and no you said they're about the same, the only difference is in SW or the way it access it..

Yea this direct access to low hw layer helps a little, but it doesn't by weak gpu/low ram size so its still crap in the end - that superfast xdr ram won't help one tiny little bit.
    And if you slap a console code on pc you know the drill, its not about efficiency but the way it looks. Now if you made the same game entirely for pc it would look much nicer and run better no doubt about that. Well doh its at least 4-6x more powerful so and so.

It was here in EU
    6950 300-340€ (now 230-260€)
    6970 350-420€ (now 305 -360€)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

If a card costs $300 in the US it ends up costing €300 in the EU.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Do they not have taxes etc... to add on top of that price, not sure about the EU but here in UK while the prices have always been listed with and without VAT, no one will speak about the non tax price unless they are a charity or on a VAT exempt part of the UK.

Curious about this, as if even the low end ones are out when im in the US next month, i can see me picking one up to see if it's any good for an HTPC build, just need to hope it will be easy to find a PC shop.

13. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

It was already answered but yes, PCI 3.0 cards will run on PCI 2.0 mobos and vice versa

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Imagine if they weren't backwards compat., you'ld have to buy a new motherboard, possibly new CPU, and Ram to go with your gfx card lol, then you'ld have to reinstall windows, and then phone MS to get it activated, and all those with OEM windows would be fkd. :D

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Mod edit: This is not a warez site.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011

16. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    According to yesterday's news at Guru3d, Tahiti XT (7970?) could have 3 GB GDDR5 memory with 384 bit bus. This could be same for Pro as well. The price range is $349-449.

This would be confirmed on Monday anyway.

17. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I know slightly off-topic, but on the console V PC thing...

Here's what can be done (real time) when PS3/Xbox are coded for efficiently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuXgRVMvZ0

Its pretty impressive TBH.

Give dev's like these consoles with DX11 class hardware, about the power of a GTX 460, and they would create amazing visuals.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    I guess, but there is too much bloom and too much DoF to cover its flaws, also lower quality textures and poor vegetation (2d sprites).. Models looked nice though esp. that female hair, but the rest is on average, a 285gtx and decent c2q would run that with ease.. That's if it were done right.

hehe but then again why would you give devs a dx11 like gfx, i would better tell those devs to make such stuff on pc with current hw:nerd:

19. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You're purposely nitpicking. That's DX9 class hardware running that in real time. And considering even on modern PC's it takes a fair bit of horsepower to achieve those DoF and other lense effects, its really very impressive.

And a GTX285 is FAR more powerful than anything in a PS3 or Xbox360.

True, but unfortunately the console market is much much larger than the PC market, and that's where the money is made for a lot of these devs.

They only have 2 platforms to be compliant with, rather than a multitude of configurations to work with.

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I hate that :/
    I want those smooth frames on a PC, not a console !

Edit: BTW, how the **** did you get your athlon to 3.9?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.