We Want 8800m Gtx Oc Support

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by oile, Mar 29, 2008.

1. oile

oile Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @1293 3500
    So ,is in the plans to add the OC support for this card?
    RT 2.08 doesn't manage to detect correct frquencies and a lot of other stuff doesn't work.
    If I can help I'll be happy but please support this MONSTROUS card.
    Thanks

2. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Guess what, pal? Rivatuner doesn't offer official support for mobile chips.

3. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Overclocking anything in a laptop is just asking for trouble, they get way too hot imo as it is.

4. oile

oile Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @1293 3500
    Why not?
    Modifying the cfg It recognizes my vga and also the frequencies of "3D" profile of my bios but not that of the "Extra" profile (NiBiTor). I cannot flash the vbios so if the program would read "Extra" frequencies and let me modfy it, I will happy.
    Now when I increase speeds over the default max settings (Wich really are 500 799) in Rivatuner's performance 3D (wich reports 383 301) and click apply ,nothing happened.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008

5. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Did you read what Psytek wrote? If not, do it. If you did, do it again.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Once again for mobile GPUs owners: I don't support mobile chips and don't plan to support it in future. And I'm really tired to reapear it.
    I declare support only for hardware which I have installed in RT development lab. If you want mobile chips support so badly - no problem send me such notebooks and I'll gladly support them. Otherwise, stop giving claims like " why not?" and "adding mobile chips support to RT is a piece of cake". It is absolutely not without having hardware. And I won't throw away thousands of $ on hardware just to satisfty guys like you.

P.S. If you were using the "Search" button, I won't need to waste time on typing it 100th time.

7. oile

oile Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @1293 3500
    Ok now I understand your reasons.I didn't want to waste your time... I thought that being the 8800M GTX so similar to 8800GT (instead of a lot of moblie cards) it would be simple to support it, but I agree with you when you say that you want to test physically the hardware.
    It's a very good thing.
    Thanks however for your job

PS:I used the search button but nothing concerned especially my card's frequencies detection