NVIDIA Driver problem (I think)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Extraordinary, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Since 347.09, and now with 347.25, I'm getting these errors in event viewer, and they seem to correspond with game crashes

---
    A pointer device has no information about the monitor it is attached to.

A pointer device did not report its physical size.

A pointer device did not report a valid unit of co-ordinate measurement.

A multi-touch device reported inconsistent contact information.

A default size is being used for a pointer device to compensate for the missing physical size information.

--

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

I have a RAT 3 mouse and have the drivers and software installed, it works fine too

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    maybe try reinstalling the mouse drivers?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yup, done already, I know it seems like a mouse issue, but I've only been getting the errors since the last couple of drivers, and Ive only been having game crashing issues since moving to nvidia, plus the mouse works flawlessly in everything, windows, games, programs

And the errors say it has no information about the monitor it is attached to, I have tried installing LCD drivers too, had none of these errors with my AMD cards, which is why I'm thinking it's nvidia

Ive got a custom refresh image ready to nuke this install with, I might just bite the bullet, it's getting a bit long in the tooth this install

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And what happens if you overwrite nvidia driver (reinstall on top of old/new installation)?

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not tried that yet, but both last driver installs were clean installs,

Just done a restore-health DISM and SFC scan, and it found problems so gonna load up FC4 again and see how far I get this time, crashed about 5 mins in earlier

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Right, do that anyway.

sometimes overwriting it can fix some weird jitter or DSR issues or bad OC issues.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well, I did the overwrite install, and the scans, and it held out for 2 hours of FC4, just got killed taking over an outpost and the game crashed at the same time, but this time the only event log error is for the game itself crashing, so I don't think that was anything but FC4's fault that time

Cheers Tj, I`ll keep an eye on it and see if that's helped

8. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Haven't had any of those errors logged. I'm using a RAT 5 but without the software/drivers, just the default MS Win7 ones. Might be worth a shot for testing.

FC4 has been crash free here, after the memory leak was patched that is.