RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    To report and follow other reported bugs or to request features that may not fit into this thread, use my BitBucket issue tracking site:
    https://bitbucket.org/radeonpro/radeonpro-issue-tracking/issues

Official Community Q&A site: http://community.radeonpro.info/about/

RadeonPro is a new tool to automate the 3D settings (AA/AF/Vsync/Catalyst AI/etc.) based on game being started, I think it's very annoying dealing with CCC profiles and shortcuts, not to mention that settings won't be restored after the game is ended.

The idea is pretty straightforward: You configure all 3D settings (AA/AF/Catalyst AI/etc.) and save all those settings as a profile for a particular game, when the corresponding game is started the profile is automatically loaded. As soon the games finishes the previous settings are restored.

RadeonPro interface: Skin "Verde"
    [​IMG]

New Profile Wizard
    [​IMG]

Windows 7 JumpLists support
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you're an ATi Tray Tools user and already uses the automated profiles you won't need this tool, unless you want to mess with MVPUModes and other limited tweaks like showing CrossfireX logo on screen, remembering that those settings are per game settings.

I'm planning other tweaks and so, I would be glad if you try it and give me some feedback and suggestions on how to make RadeonPro better.

You'll need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime and Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. If you have Catalyst Control Center installed they're already on your system.

Download RadeonPro latest version here
    User's Manual: http://www.radeonpro.info/Manual

As the title implies, this tool is still in BETA and may have some bugs, please use it at your own risk.

All reported bugs wil be verified and fixed as soon as possible.

Updates:

To see the changelog, please click here

Not for the faint heart [​IMG]

If you wanna know what's coming up to next version while it's being developed, try the Preview build with upcoming features and bug fixes, but with new bugs as a bonus maybe.

Download it here

Movie captured with RadeonPro

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dzLXGntd6VQ (Watch in HD)

Preview updated [19/Dec/2012 22:53 -0200]

Bold text on changelog indicates new or changed/improved features.

As usual, enjoy and please report bugs here.

Updates (last update: 19/Dec/2012)
    -------
    12/19/2012 - New build 1.1.1.0

- New: Added support for 64-bit applications
    - New: Improved hardware detection
    - New: Improved Windows 8 compatibility
    - New: Movie capture feature with real-time Motion JPEG compression (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11) and OpenDML (AVI 2.0) support
    - New: FXAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 and OpenGL)
    - New: FXAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: SMAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11)
    - New: SMAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: Dynamic Vsync Control (DVC) support. This feature controls how vertical synchronization is applied at rendering time, automatically turning it off when frame rate is below monitor's refresh rate to reduce stuttering and turning it on when framerate is above or equal to monitor's refresh rate, improving smoothness.
    - New: DVC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+HOME key
    - New: Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC) support. This feature acts like a frame rate limiter with smoothness control, just set a frame rate target and RadeonPro will try to keep it as close as possible while maintaining frame rendering times close to each other to avoid stuttering.
    - New: DFC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+END key
    - New: DFC feature's frame rate target is adjustable in real time, press SHIFT+INSERT to increase the limit and SHIFT+DELETE to decrease it
    - New: Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate. This feature limits internal frame rendering times accordingly to refresh rate (i.e. 60 Hz = 16.67 ms) instead of waiting vertical retrace.
    - New: On-Screen Display panel, showing current status of some RadeonPro features on top of game screen. Press PAGEDOWN key to toggle between full panel/reduced panel/hidden.
    - New: OSD panel can be made visible since game start either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: OSD panel versions can be disabled either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: Real time GPU monitoring with On-Screen Display support. GPU monitoring displays your video cards temperatures, utilization, FAN speed and VRAM utilization
    - New: Current date/time/FPS and actual playing time can be displayed at OSD
    - New: Ambient Occlusion support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11). Please bear in mind that not all games can be forced to use Ambient Occlusion. RadeonPro currently supports Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion (HBAO) and Volumetric Ambient Occlusion, different algorithms might be added in future. A list of supported games can be seen at end of changelog (see complete listing at Program Settings/Ambient Occlusion), the list will be updated based on author's tests and also based on feedback from users that have access to Ambient Occlusion debugging tool (TBD).
    - New: Better keyboard handling (i.e. fixes some games that don't allow OSD control or change of FPS corner)
    - New: Improved hook handling with better Steam overlay compatibility
    - New: OverDrive controls allow basic overclocking, manual cooler fan speed and PowerTune adjustments (available only at profile level)
    - New: Added option to display new CrossfireX logo on OSD when a CrossfireX capable system is detected
    - New: Added proper support for Direct3D9Ex games (i.e. Blades of Time, Fallout New Vegas, World of Tanks etc.)
    - New: Improved OpenGL support and bug fixes
    - New: Built-in SweetFX integration, allowing global and per game SweetFX effect shaders configuration. SweetFX can be used on any DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 games running on 32-bit or 64-bit. Configure SweetFX at RadeonPro settings and remove all 3rd party injector's DLLs from game directories if you want to use RadeonPro's SweetFX integration. Obs: SweetFX shaders are disabled on Battle.net games and Planetside 2. Also, one additional module (PPContainer.dll for 32-bit/PPContainer64.dll for 64-bit) is used when SweetFX shaders are loaded in memory, making easier to detect when a game is employing custom shaders to modify games' appearance through RadeonPro
    - New: Improved compatibility with Uplay and Origin overlay modules
    - New: The program now warns the user when RadeonPro process is executing with elevated privileges on an UAC enabled system. Running RadeonPro with elevated privileges might break application detection, it's recommended executing RadeonPro with normal privileges (either non-admin or admin account, but not with elevated rights - i.e. don't use Run as Administrator)
    - Fixed: Some games that used to hang at startup when API monitoring was active are now playable (i.e. STALKER Call of Pripyat)
    - Fixed: screenshots now works in DirectX 10/11 with R10G10B10A2/B8G8R8A8 formats used by some games (Dirt 3/Showdown, F3AR). Performance is not so good as in other games, but it will be optimized soon.
    - Changed: German translation update (thanks to Lennart Brüggemann)
    - Changed: improved OSD rendering performance on DirectX 10/11 games
    - Removed: SVG file creation at benchmark finish
    - Removed: CrossfireX bar; to monitor GPU utilization, use OSD options instead
    - Removed: alternate AMD Radeon logo
    - Removed: skins (all). They will be replaced by new Web skins feature. Anyone with HTML and Javascript skills will be able to create skins for RadeonPro.
    - Removed: Aggressive API detection (useless with new hook handler)
    - Known issues:
    -- Vsync is a bit broken in DirectX 9 for 64-bit apps
    -- DFC/DVC may not work as expected in OpenGL apps
    -- Movie's audio may go out of sync when target framerate is too high compared to sustained framerate
    - Ambient Occlusion support list (DirectX 9 only when API omitted)
    -- 2K Sports NBA 2K11
    -- 2K Sports NBA 2K13
    -- Alan Wake
    -- Aliens vs Predator (DX9/DX11)
    -- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    -- Batman Arkham Asylum
    -- Batman Arkham City (DX9/DX11)
    -- Bioshock (DX9/DX10)
    -- Bioshock 2 (DX9/DX10)
    -- Blades of Time
    -- BLUR
    -- Brothers in Arms - Highway to Hell (have issues with out of position shadows during cut scenes when non 16:9 resolution is used)
    -- Bulletstorm
    -- James Bond 007 - Blood Stone
    -- Call of Duty 2
    -- Call of Duty: BlackOps
    -- Colin McRae DiRT
    -- Darksiders
    -- Darksiders II
    -- Dead Space
    -- Dead Space 2
    -- Devil May Cry 4
    -- Diablo III
    -- DiRT 2 (DX9/DX11 - only works with AA 0x)
    -- Dishonored
    -- Dragon Age II (DX11)
    -- F.3.A.R. (DX11)
    -- F.E.A.R.
    -- Formula One 2012 (DX11)
    -- FIFA 2012
    -- FIFA 2013
    -- Grand Theft Auto IV
    -- Hard Reset
    -- Ice Age 4
    -- Mass Effect 3
    -- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    -- Need for Speed Most Wanted (DX10)
    -- Of Orcs and Men
    -- Racedriver GRID
    -- rFactor
    -- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    -- Sonic Adventure 2
    -- Sonic Generations
    -- Street Fighter IV
    -- Street Fighter X Tekken
    -- The Amazing Spider-Man
    -- Tomb Raider Anniversary
    -- Tomb Raider Underworld
    -- Trine

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    japamd ROCKS!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  3. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Well done that man :vader:

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar and i salute you

Waits for Super Sampling :D

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hi japamd, awesome job man!! i think allot of ati users may want this.

when i started the program i did get some error msgs

[​IMG]

are you gonna add AF settings (AF up to 16x and HQ AF) aswell to this nice application ?

[​IMG]

Thanks again! :)

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thank you guys.

WhiteLightning, I forgot to put 1 file (RadeonPro.exe.config) in the rar, just did it. You can download the fixed version here. You can unrar just "RadeonPro.exe.config" into the folder where you unrar'ed RadeonPro previously.

I forgot to mention that I've used HD 5000 series as my testing platform and I can't see that option, but I'll add it to profile settings, along with other small tweaks like Anisotropic Filtering Optimization, Trilinear Optimization and Texture LOD. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

6. SteveHawke

SteveHawke Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    First off thanks for this mate , really helpful tool,.... is there any way you could add Flip Queue size like in ATi Tray Tools ? , I've always found this very helpful for getting better response times in games such as the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sure, I'll do it :)

8. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    I'm getting the same errors as in post #4 even though I used your fixed version.

9. SteveHawke

SteveHawke Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Thanks mate, looking forward to it :)

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    hi guys..

to the op awesome work man u should go and work with ati driver app team..

but i have a noob Q, how do u know that high Q AF is applied to a specific game?

ty

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sorry, I just discovered that the VIDEO registry key was inaccurate in your system (and some others), I've just compiled a new version with a proper error message and will upload it soon. With the new version you'll be able to inform me what VIDEO key the program is trying to retrieve.

Thanks.

PS: new build is online, please try it and report the error by posting a screenshot. Thanks!

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  12. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Anyway for it to minimize to tray

Also it is not reverting back to default settings. When i create a profile the setting i choose stick and i have to manually revert back to my default settings by clicking on each one changed (with the game profile unhighlighted) or those settings will stick

I noticed that you have Anti-Aliasing compatability (force AA profile). What is that?

Cheers

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're kidding, right? ;)

High Quality AF is old stuff I guess, did not saw it in previous HD 2900XT and HD 4870X2 I had. ATi Tray Tools allows you set HQ AF, but I don't think it makes any differences with pos-HD 2000 cards, IQ wise.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You can send it to tray by closing the window. To end the program, right-click the tray icon and choose Exit ;)

The default settings are not the settings shown on RadeonPro screen, you may try check CCC 3D settings to see if they are the same before and after you start the game.

The force AA options are experimental stuff yet, I don't even know if I can get it working at all. The same applies to CrossfireX compatibility.

15. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Sorry i meant when the program loads up for the first time for example when i boot windows. I would like it to go to tray first. I have a shortcut to the executable in the startup menu but it keeps on displaying the program window. I just want it to go to tray on startup.

Cheers

16. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thx for this great tool, but it doesnt work for me. I cant tell you the error code/text as it is in swedish and quite hard to translate in to english? But will try some more later, I can upload a picture of the error box.

17. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    Nice to see something new arriving, good work!

Edit:
    It won't start; i get this error:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  18. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    This has made gaming ati complete for me thank you so much. I will say the basics are all complete and im sure after a few more releases this will be unbeatable.

One last thing. Is they anyway to make a donation dude, love to support the community as this is what pc gaming is all about thankyou.

19. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I get the same error, but in swedish! ;)

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

cool man thanks!

im getting this error btw with the updated version.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.