RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    only level 1 is supported at the moment.

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    When changing the Global tab settings,does it change the ATI CCC too ? or it's the program Global profile ?

Cause when changing some settings sometimes i see my CCC has defaults or some settings that i know i did not change in CCC itself, or even at all.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    For those using the gamma fix build, add those lines to AO.xml file for Ambient Occlusion support in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, DOTA 2, Karateka, Portal and Left 4 Dead 2.

<File name="Counter Strike: Global Offensive" exe="csgo.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138040" params="farZ=3000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />
    <File name="DOTA 2" exe="dota.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138040" params="farZ=3000,firstI=0,lastI=1" />
    <File name="Left 4 Dead 2" exe="left4dead2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138041" params="farZ=3000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />
    <File name="Portal" exe="portal\hl2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138041" params="farZ=5000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />
    <File name="Karateka" exe="Karateka.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138041" params="farZ=1000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />

Those profiles will be added on next update.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56

5. lerk22

lerk22 Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Hello japamd. I registered here just to ask you one question. I am owner of hd7870xt Tahiti with standard clock 925mhz, and "boost" 975mhz. When i overclocking my card, i need push Power Limit slider in CCC Overdrive to +20%, otherwise my card downlock automaticcaly to 925mhz. But when im using overdrive profile from RadeonPro (dont touching CCC overdrive), i can move Power Limit lower -10% or -20% (to 80% TDP) and my card still run at boost clock (no difference where is Power Limit slider). It is safe for my card ? Does Radeon Pro "forcing" boost clock even if card is underpowered by TDP ? Why i need set 120% power limit when overclocking via CCC or MSI Afterburner, but if overclocking with Radeon Pro, its no difference for clock ? Please reply, and thank you for this great tool. I hope you understand my question (poor english).

6. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    i delete all the sweetfx files from the game folder when i try using RadeonPro, so it should only use the files defined in the settings, but it works different, i just don't know why.
    Maybe the problem has something to do with the way you implement SMAA, i think you posted something about it being applied separately?
    And there is more - if you set the #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING to 0 in SweetFX_settings.txt then the effect gets worse, because of these lines in main.h
    Code:
    #if (USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING == 1)
    FinalColor.rgb = (FinalColor.rgb <= 0.00304) ? FinalColor.rgb * 12.92 : 1.055 * pow( FinalColor.rgb, 1.0/2.4 ) - 0.055; // Linear to SRGB
    #endif
    The problem has nothing to do with ingame postprocessing
    [​IMG]
    Everything i do is with the files defined in RadeonPro as a SweetFX source, none of them are in game folder.

7. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
  8. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    In DOTA2 AO only shows when you highlight a unit, otherwise not visible.

9. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Gamma is A-OK with RRU on that latest build, Mr. J :)

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. We got it sorted out, finally :banana:

USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING is defined internally as 1.

Changes made to main.h that's inside the folder you've defined in RP don't reflect at runtime?

I'm not sure what did you mean, by my tests it appears to be working while ingame. On selection/menu screens and other place it might not be working and probably won't do. Here's some screenshots showing where AO is being applied

http://i.imgur.com/19Zda.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eKJhv.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/pxwTC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/IaduH.jpg

BTW, I forgot to mention the AO profile for Half-Life 2
    <File name="Half-Life 2" exe="hl2.exe" flags="d3d9:0:0xA0138040" params="farZ=3000,firstI=1,lastI=2" />

11. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Changes like disabling something(commenting code using //) work, but the shader load order does not seem to have any effect

about the dota ao

AO not visible
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    AO visible - unit highlighted(green outlines)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    your joking....

i cant see any difference in those screen shots...

13. TCPIP

TCPIP Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Just open them in full size and compare, you'll see, especially the ones on the right

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Changing the Global does it rule for all specific profiles ?

If i change the global settings i don't need to do anything on the specific profile as long as it the same right ?

In global i selected Texture Filtering quality High quality, when i go to game profile i see there is no checkbox, will it be high quality as the global selection ?

EDIT : Using global to activate DFC and in the profile itself it is unchecked, the game doesn't use it, so i understand the global effect on anything that doesn't have specific profile.

arr it's complicated, can't understand how it works.

I want to have global config to use all the games that doesn't need specific profiles, just run and load. I don't understand why there is global settings that doesn't do anything if you need to run the game from the program anyway and to make specific profile.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.