Profit of 9700 bios???

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by FpsLives, Feb 4, 2003.

1. FpsLives

FpsLives Guest

Benefit of 9700 bios??? and a question for unwinder

Hello i was wondering.......
    I've read almost all of this forum concerning the softmods but I really haven't found answers on the following questions:

I've got mine connect3d 9500 on a 9700 300/300 running without any problems at all (thanks unwinder for your great work and effort).

But isn't the bios of my card based upon 9500 capabillities???
    That means is it better to put a 9700 bios in it???

And unwinder may i ask if there will be support for future driver versions for soft9700 or are you going to explore new things????
    I know you're not gonna support future firegl drivers and that you give the codes public so others can do if they can.

Just to let you know i'm having great fun with the softfiregl x1 as well it doesn't boost performance (like unwinder allready said) but it keeps my fps more stable like in not jumping from 180 to 80 in some hard scenes playing MoHaa.

Thanks a lot and unwinder your're tha Best also here in Holland

Greetz

ps topic should be BENEFIT of 9700 bios but i couldn't edit it anymore

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2003
  2. FinalFantasy

FinalFantasy Guest

Fpslives, I tried two different 9700bios from www.3dchipset.com on my soft9700- modded 9500np. I did not get any performane boost or loss.

Seriously, do not bother flashing a new bios. I will not make any difference and it is not worth the risk.

The major difference between 9500bios and the hercules 9700bios is that the latter is "unlocked", meaning that you can overclock it. So as long as rivatuner is enabling you to overclock your card, there is no need to flash the 9700 hercules bios.

As for your second question I am not sure but I hope that unwinder will continue to support soft9700 and make it compatible with future ati driver releases. Otherwise :( :( :(

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Re: Benefit of 9700 bios??? and a question for unwinder

No warranties. RT is not ATI-only tweaker so there are a lot of tasks in my "to do" list (especially considering that NV30 samples will arrive soon). However, if I launch the project which can be dropped in the future, I _always_ bring full tech details about it to public so any experienced man can continue my work. SoftR9700 is a good example, it was enough to announce the project and to publish tech details about the script in Digit-Life's article to allow Wizzard (respect, m8) to perform the same job himself.
    SoftQuadro4 and SoftFireGL also contain full tech details about the approachs used to create the scripts. So if I'll disappear one day, the projects will not die - you've the chance to use the articles as SDKs and continue researchs yourself.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2003