A10 7870k-Question.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by nz3777, Sep 25, 2015.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Hello, I have a couple questions about this Apu. My main point of interest is what power supply schould I get if (just incase) I decide to add a dedicated graphics card in the future,2nd..... The stock heatsink I will assume its good enough to run at the advertised Amd clocks up to 4.1ghz Turbo? Will it be ok if I do not overclock it? I have read that the onboard gpu takes up 50% of the die so increasing Gpu core is more then likely going to raise my temps so I will be running everything at stock clocks for the time being.

8gb or 16gb 2400mhz Ramm? What would you guys say is best? I am real excited to set this system up for my kid, its going to be her 1st computer sp yeah its kinda a big deal to both of us.

This is the Motherboard I picked-Gigabyte F2A88X-UP4 it looks like a high-quality board compared to some of the other fm/2 boards I saw out there.is this a good choice or no? Thanks much guys.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    This is going to be a really nice little system I am trying to keep all the parts red and black so choosing components is actually turning out to be rather fun! I came across some refurbished Psus at MicroCenter-Corsair Ax series 860 its a full modular unit with red and white labels,will complement the build very nicely in my opinion.

For the Case I choose the NZXT h440 black and red!
    Ramm is going to be the Amd Radeon Gamer series 2133mhz 8 or 16 gb
    Ssd-Amd Radeon R7 120 gb ssd
    So far everything ive chosen is black and red, If I get a dedicated video card for her later on it will probb be a Asus brand which is also black and red.

Question on the stock cooler while i am shopping around for a cll-yupp you guessed it it needs to be red and black also, Micro center doesnt carry and DeepCool closed loop coolers,my only choice with them is corsair h100i and so forth, do you think that might ruin the entire look of the build? Opinions?

Thank you.

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'd use an aftermarket cooler, TBH. I've got one of the old 140 W Phenom coolers on my 7850K and it does the job a LOT better than the stock one.

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Yeah your right theres no point in skimping just on the cooler, I was just wondering if I ran at stock-clocks for the time being until I can find a cooler that matches the theme I have made for her.I found a couple Deep-cool captain (clc) that look really nice and will compiment the build very nicely in my opinion.

On a side note I know the i-gpu takes up 50% of the die so any overclocking on this Apu must raise the temps really fast! If we do punch-in a oc it will be a very small one, she dosent play very demanding games,mainly Garys mod. And I do want the system to last her for a couple years at least.

Thank you for your opinion,I didnt think anyone would respond lol.When this build is done I am going to try my hand at an Intel build Finally!

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Does anyone have any objections with the parts I picked btw>?I know the Power-supply is way overkill but its a refurb and you cant find a Corsair Ax 860 for that kind of price anywhere! If we add a dedicated card down the line, which is more then likely the case I will feel better knowing we have the power to push it.

Dont know if Pics are allowed here but I would post em for you guys once I have all the parts gathered,This week I will pick-up the motherboard, next week psu and so forth,maybe a Month tops? (I hope ) i am more excited then she is haha.