Recording gameplay without Teamspeak sounds

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Danny_HR, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Danny_HR

Danny_HR Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950
    Hey guys, is it possible to record gameplay with Afterburner without recording sounds from teamspeak?
    Basically, I'd like to record gameplay sounds only.

2. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    It is possible with virtual audio cable. The problem is, you have to run the default windows output as one of the virtual lineouts in order to separate teamspeak and the game sounds, but doing so will probably cause the sound to go out sync from the video. There was one guy who said he managed to do it here but he never responded to my pm about how he set it up.

3. Danny_HR

Danny_HR Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950
    Yes, I figured it'd be possible with vitual audio management, but from my past experiences with that you can either get really bad audio quality or a delay, which is not acceptable.

I was hoping there was another way, I've heard that PlayClaw offers this in it's new version.

Oh well. Guess I'll just mute TS when I want to record. Thanks!

4. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    You can still separate it with VAC if you don't patch through teamspeak to the output. So you could have a recording with game noises in one audio stream and ts in another audio stream, except you wouldn't hear TS while you are recording. This is somewhat sub optimal though and not really what you want.

5. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Now that I think about it. If you run 2 virtual cables, each cable is an input which patches to the speakers. You then have the default windows device as virtual 1 and set teamspeak set to virtual 2, you'll have 2 seperate channels that you'll be able to record off of. If you set the buffer size to 50ms (minimum) and increase the number of buffers to 24 or so, you'll have a game audio lag of roughly 70-100ms. 70-100ms is very borderline if it will be noticeable IMO.

6. johnny_walker

johnny_walker Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 570 8GB
    Not really a solution, just an idea - you can use Teamspeak on a separate device ( android-based tablet/phone or a laptop are some of the options ) while you are recording.

7. Danny_HR

Danny_HR Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950
    OMG!
    How did I not think of that?! Damn it. :bang:
    Thank you mate, I have a netbook just laying around anyways.