Fan Tachomoter

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Preacher, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Preacher

Preacher Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560ti TwnFrozrll 1024
    Hi,

I know this is strange but when I am gaming and the fan tachometer is working I sit at around 53 degrees, when the fan tachometer is showing zero I am hitting 70+ degrees. MSI GTX560ti twin frozr ll 1024.

As I understand the tacho just gives the RPM of the fans so I can't understand how it can reduce temp by 20 degrees when it is showing as working. So I guess my question is, how do I get the tacho to work all the time ?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Tick "force fan speed update each period".

3. Preacher

Preacher Guest

GPU:
    Tried that P.M. but it still refuses to work.

Before when I was browsing I could here a slight hum every now and then. When I checked it was the tacho going on and off. Then when in games I set my fan speed manually to 70 and I noticed the tacho would show a reading sometimes and stay at zero other times. When I finish gaming I just reset afterburner so the fan goes back to automatic. Now the tachometer just refuses to work.

I am using the 285.62 drivers as I have problems with every other nvidia driver, be it purple screen, games crashing, bad stuttering. I put the latest WHQL drivers on and I was freezing for about a second when switching scope to unscope.

I don't suppose it is a big deal but I just can't work out why the tacho doesn't work and when it did my card was 20 degrees cooler.

Edit, I have just pulled the side off my case and one of ther fans is not working. Are they both supposed to work all the time ?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. Preacher

Preacher Guest

GPU:
    Looks like one if the fans has sh** itself, one spins about 6 times when spun with my finger, the other does less than a quater of a turn. Do I RMA it back to scan.