Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum > RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum
RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum This forum is intended for advanced comments, ideas and general discussion of the RivaTuner Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself - you can only post in this area with a minimum of 10 posts and 7 days forum membership.

RivaTuner and GTA IV
Old
  (#1)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default RivaTuner and GTA IV - 12-08-2008, 08:03 | posts: 13,003 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Problem description: incorrect rendering in GTA IV on NVIDIA hardware(missing textures)
Problem background: opening <Textures> tab in RivaTuner's Direct3D settings window then closing it (even without changing the settings) disables some FourCC formats support in NVIDIA driver (INTZ/RAWZ). GTA IV cannot work properly if these formats are not supported by the driver.
Temporary solution: use RivaTuner's <Reset all the driver's settings to their default values> button to re-enable these FourCC formats. Reboot is required to apply the changes. If you don't have RivaTuner installed or if you used any other tweaking tool to alter supported formats list then just start RegEdit and search and delete all D3D_54082152 registry entries. Reboot is required to apply the changes.
Until new RivaTuner version release please avoid opening <Textures> tab, because it will disable required FourCC formats again.
Full solution: New version of RivaTuner will add INTZ/RAWZ to editable list of supported FourCC formats.

I'd like to thank Josh, Kevin and Oscar @ Rockstar for quick problem report and for cooperative problem investigation. From my experience, I rarely see game developers that care about compatibility with third party software. I really wish all game developers to have such professional attitude to quality control.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#2)
Vood007
Master Guru

Videocard: Too
Processor: Yes
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Also
Default 12-08-2008, 11:08 | posts: 783

Nice, thanks for the infos. I just came here to ask about a possible problem with rt related to missing textures in GTA4

Old
  (#3)
shaggeyman39
Master Guru

Videocard: 2 X 4850 705Clock 1150Mem
Processor: Phenom II B55 C3 @ 4GHZ
Mainboard: GA-MA790X-UD4P
Memory: 4GB G-Skill 1066
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Music
PSU: Cooler Master 650
Default 12-10-2008, 08:47 | posts: 173 | Location: Gettysburg PA

very nice of rockstar

Old
  (#4)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-11-2008, 07:44 | posts: 13,003 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

I decided to change RT release schedule and launch new version with GTA IV workaround right now. v2.21 will be available in Guru3D downloads within a hour. The rest changes are minor and include:

Version 2.21:

Minor bugfixes:

- FOURCC INTZ and RAWZ formats are no longer forcibly disabled on GeForce 6 and newer display adapters when closing the 'Textures' tab in Direct3D tweaks dialog. Please take a note that these formats are required for proper GTA IV functionality, so if you experience problems with missing textures in this game on NVIDIA GeForce 6 and newer display adapters then please try to open the 'Textures' tab and press the 'Defaults' button.
- Fixed 'Restore after suspended mode' option in low-level fan control tab, corrupted in the previous release due to multi-GPU related core changes.

What's new:

- Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 180.60, 180.70 and 180.84.
- Added Catalyst 8.12 driver family detection.
- Added 'Enable FOURCC INTZ surfaces' and 'Enable FOURCC RAWZ surfaces' options to the 'Textures' tab of the Direct3D tweaks dialog.
- 'Restore after suspended mode' option in low-level fan control tab is multi-GPU oriented now. Now the option affects all display adapters in the system instead of currently selected display adapter only.
- 'Allow separate 2D/3D clock frequency adjustment' option is no longer provided when enabling driver-level hardware overclocking. The option is now hidden to reduce the amount of false bugreports posted by the beginners trying to disable 2D/3D clock frequncy then claiming that the hardware stays at extremely low boot clocks. Power users can still control this option via AllowMaxPerf registry entry.
- Extended list of detectable supported FOURCC formats in 'IDirect3D9 HAL adapter formats' diagnostic report category.

Old
  (#5)
Grendel_66
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Processor: Intel i7-3930K
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage IV Gene
Memory: 4x4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Zx
PSU: Seasonic X650
Default 12-11-2008, 09:08 | posts: 794 | Location: OR, US

Thanks man !

Old
  (#6)
Rillipiru
Master Guru

Videocard: 660 ti 2GB
Processor: x5650@4.2ghz
Mainboard: P6X58D-E
Memory: 12GB
Soundcard: MMX2
PSU: Evga G2 550W
Default 12-11-2008, 12:28 | posts: 315 | Location: Finland

Thank you so much. I just moved to nvdia to ati and two of my favorite games are GTA IV and BF2 mod PR 0.8.

But, CCC wont support vsync in BF2 and i just cant play without it. If i want to override it with 3D3 i lose textures in GTA IV.

I was gonna go buy me 260 216sp, but now i dont have to...

Last edited by Rillipiru; 12-11-2008 at 12:31.

Old
  (#7)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-11-2008, 12:44 | posts: 13,003 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillipiru View Post
Thank you so much. I just moved to nvdia to ati and two of my favorite games are GTA IV and BF2 mod PR 0.8.

But, CCC wont support vsync in BF2 and i just cant play without it. If i want to override it with 3D3 i lose textures in GTA IV.

I was gonna go buy me 260 216sp, but now i dont have to...
You're misunderstanding something. 2.21 is not supposed to help you, it addresses texture issues on NVIDIA systems only by adding new texture format related options to "Textures" tab.

Old
  (#8)
Rillipiru
Master Guru

Videocard: 660 ti 2GB
Processor: x5650@4.2ghz
Mainboard: P6X58D-E
Memory: 12GB
Soundcard: MMX2
PSU: Evga G2 550W
Default 12-11-2008, 12:59 | posts: 315 | Location: Finland

Ok, but i have same kind of problems...with GTA IV. Didnt have before, but after 3D3 some textures are missing. Could be some other reasons, but after 3D3, they started.

Last edited by Rillipiru; 12-11-2008 at 13:01.

Old
  (#9)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 12-11-2008, 13:06 | posts: 13,003 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillipiru View Post
Ok, but i have same kind of problems...with GTA IV. Didnt have before, but after 3D3 some textures are missing. Could be some
other reasons, but after 3D3, they started.
Sorry but you problems are 100% offtopic here. And I'd like to ask everyone with non-NVIDIA hardware having some OTHER problems with GTA IV to stop posting here.

Old
  (#10)
thales100
Master Guru

Videocard: 3-way SLI GTX 480
Processor: i7 980X
Mainboard: EVGA Classified
Memory: 12 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Soundcard: Psyko 5.1 Surround
PSU: OCZ Turbo-Cool 1200W
Default 12-11-2008, 16:14 | posts: 744 | Location: Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
I decided to change RT release schedule and launch new version with GTA IV workaround right now. v2.21 will be available in Guru3D downloads within a hour.
Thanks a lot !!

Old
  (#11)
DrSiN
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
Processor: Core i5 2500K @ 4.9GHZ
Mainboard: MSI P67 GD53
Memory: 8GB Corsair 1600 CAS 7
Soundcard: Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme M
PSU: Corsair 800W
Default 12-23-2008, 03:35 | posts: 3,175 | Location: UK / Derbyshire

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank unwinder for the update , it's resolved the issues I have.