Update Rivatuner - Version problem

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Taak, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Taak

Taak Member

GPU:
    2x SLI EN 8800 GTS 640Mb
    My current Rivatuner version is 2.06

I have just updated my video card drivers to the version 178.13 (Nvidia GeForce)

I have also read that Rivatuner 2.11 supports Nvidia drivers 177.xx

Should I wait a new Rivatuner version or should I install v. 2.11?

Another question: how to update Rivatuner? Should I remove v. 2.06 and install 2.11 or Should I install 2.11 without removing 2.06? I would also like to save my settings and launchers.

Thank you

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Current version works with 178.xx so waiting for new RT because of some special 178.xx support is pointless. However, AFAIR you won't be able to keep your launchers. v2.07 and newer introduced major changes in profiles management so 2.06 and 2.07+ profiles are not compatible.

3. Taak

Taak Member

GPU:
    2x SLI EN 8800 GTS 640Mb
    Ok, thank you.

How about update process? Should I uninstall v. 2.06 before installing 2.11?

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I would.

5. Taak

Taak Member

GPU:
    2x SLI EN 8800 GTS 640Mb
    I have just updated but I have a huge problem.

Hardware monitoring --> Setup --> Core temperature --> Setup --> I can't find "Temperature Threshold settings" (there were in 2.06! Look this)

How can I set Threshold values?

Thanks

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Why don't you just read release notes, check sticky therads with tutorials or just use magic search button?

7. Taak

Taak Member

GPU:
    2x SLI EN 8800 GTS 640Mb
    Before posting, of course, I searched on google without any lucky result. And I followed a tutorial to configure my RT.

Now I have found the solution in the thread "Rivatuner 2.08 isn't doing what 2.06 used to for my 8800GT" It wasn't so easy to find it out.

There are also other threads without answer:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=268177&highlight=Threshold+temperature+core
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=268176&highlight=Threshold+temperature+core
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=264350&highlight=Threshold+temperature+core

Please try to understand that if I had read release notes since version 2.06, I would have spent a lot of time, you (or another member) could have answered in just 10 seconds writing "use scheduler".

I would also suggest you to write this notice clearly, to remove old tutorials and to add an help section in RT.