Wolfenstein The New Order - Antialiasing on AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by spectatorx, May 15, 2016.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I'm looking for some aa method working on amd gpus. In-game msaa which can forced only with console command doesn't work on amd, works only on nvidia gpus.

Anyone ever successfully used any aa method in this game? Radeon Pro aa works with this game? FXAA and SMAA injectors are only for directx games, wolf is opengl.

Of course i could use VSR but this would be too heavy for my pc.

2. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    http://reshade.me/

ReShade supports all of Direct3D8, Direct3D9 + Ex, Direct3D10.0 - 10.1, Direct3D11.0 - 11.3 and OpenGL. A computer with Windows Vista or higher (Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10) and the DirectX end-user runtime installed is required.

3. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Unfortunately, reshade, radeon pro, radeon settings, none of these are able to successfully apply aa into game.
    I do not remember how long ago i visited so many website about programming in such short time. One of effects of my research is this tool for opengl games:
    https://code.google.com/archive/p/qeffects-gl/downloads
    Unfortunately, also was unable to inject aa into game.

I think i will unfortunately stick to aliased game.

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    reshade/sweetfx do support opengl.
    you can even use the installer and it will autodetect opengl if you select the wolf new order exe.

5. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    when i played it i used highest res vsr would allow and it looked very good to me and performance wasn't bad either....your card is close to being equal to mine.
    [​IMG]
    Wasnt a solid 60fps but wasnt bad either

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  6. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yup, nice picture, thats probably the best solution to get some nice juicy smooth edges.
    and at least compared to d3d msaa it is way more performance efficient.
    when in maybe 1-2 years 4K will be standard and maybe 8K gaming is already popping up a little then AA methods wont have a big meaning anymore (unless you play on extremely big screens, which is unproabable because of 2 reasons. 1: VR - 2: big screens never offered a good experience due to head/eye movement being increased a lot)
    but even now on normal 1440p screens you need hawkeyes to be able to see MSAA effects on a downscaled 4K picture.
    which is of course as we all know accounted to the mechanics of MSAA being a downscaled image but was upscaled first -> hence slower.