AMD GPU fps problem.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stavros, May 17, 2016.

1. stavros

stavros Guest

GPU:
    R9 380 2GB OC
    Hello guys

Recently when I was playing my games on my pc I had a notificationa about updating my gpu's driver, I did the update and I saw that after this update I have fps drop in every single game, for example in far cry 4 from 50+ fps now I have 6-9 also in csgo from 250+ fps now I have 60-100. Firstly I thought that the problem was the windows 7, I installed windows 10 and still the same sittuation, after that I reinstall the old drivers but nothing, still the same problem. I don't know what else to do I am really dissapointed, I hope you can help me and fix it.

GPU : AMD RADEON R9 380 2GB OC

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    DDU > Install 16.5.2.1 > Disable Power Efficiency > Try again.

And dont install Raptr (aka Gaming evolved)

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yeah, and that Chinese guy with the slippers :)
    Jean Cloude Van Damme + Mickey Rourke (as Stavros) in Double Team ! 10/10

4. stavros

stavros Guest

GPU:
    R9 380 2GB OC
    I disabled but still nothing, I will show you how my gaming settings are set.

imgur.com/MAttwQS

5. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Are the temps on your card ok?
    CPU and VRM's are at a reasonable temp and everything is reporting the correct amounts? frequency, amount of ram etc.

Fire up GPUz and see if everything is looking ok.

If you are on Crimson, use DDU to remove Crimson, install the last CCC version (15.1/2?) from Guru's Download section and test there. Maybe a recent Crimson update has had a severely negative impact with your card, but that may also suggest a problem with the card in general.

EDIT: try the old swaparoo on another computer, friends or family and see if its the same. If it is, the card might be damaged.

I've had several fans die very quickly on R9 280X range...