Forza 6 APEX Beta - All info, drivers etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OnnA, May 6, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    platform change! = AMD ZEN x8 DDR4 Quad Channel :nerd:

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Well, this is good news! I was fearing it would never happen on PC due to the old x360 api.

4. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Well, yes... :) 'Ultra Wide'. If its not Ultrawide, its not wide :p

Last edited: May 11, 2016

5. Flano

Flano Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    DX12 Forza

Game is really cool, great showcase extremely nice graphics, really hoping a patch / update drops soon to remove that 60FPS framecap!

6. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm actually not impressed of the graphics at all, but they aren't bad either. It is running surprisingly well with one r9 290 at 4K though. Too bad the game doesn't support CrossFire :(

7. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Just out of curiosity, what doesn't impress you? :)
    I think the texture quality, fluidity, DOF, shadow and lighting is pretty dam slick... its the closest i've seen to real life on a game yet :D

8. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The cars are looking great. The rain on the car is also looking good, but the rest is okayish.

The whole environment looks flat and fake. It simply feels empty to me. The buildings in rio de janeiro for example, they look like cardboard box models.

However, i still enjoy the game nonetheless. It's not an ugly game, but it's also not impressive.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Actually looks better on X1 for the time being. One of the better looking racing games tho with sense of speed that is good. 60fps yeah! No 30fps racing game does sense of speed good no never, they can emulate it with dof and motion blur all they like but it ain't there.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    What are you talking about?
    It doesn't look better on the X1. At all.
    Hell, even textures have compression artifacts on the X1.
    The X1 uses a ****tie method for aa EQAA vs MSAA.
    It has around x4 anisotropic filtering.
    And I can go on.

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Comparation between both plataforms
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdQ0Ic7XcLk

Thanks DF :)

Now seriously, the graphics are not impressing, they are well done.

A lot of shadows on the maps are simply fake, they are built-in to the texture.
    They were smart, since they weren't manipulating time in real-time like P.Cars does, they simply draw the shadows on the textures and done, no need for real time shadows on the tracks now.

Most real time shadows there are only by the cars or some moving objects, the rest are simple shadow maps :)

I cannot say that the graphics of this game, but sure i can say they know how to make a game pretty.

Exactly like Half life 2 when it came out, we had far cry with all the high-end stuff, and then we had HL2 which was beautiful but lacked from a lot of high end shadows, and illumination (well they had the awesome physics)

Cheers

12. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    Works like a charm for me, 4K everything maxed out except MSAA x4 (but I leave it on dynamic, don't really need it) it runs at a solid 60FPS in all tracks no matter the weather conditions. I did add 16gb in my system though.
    Funny thing is my Fury X only runs at 525mhz, and is hardly being used goes up to 42°.
    Still have some micro freezes though every now and then. Nice arcade-sim, i'll probably get bored with it quite quickly though.

EDIT : Also just checked CPU usage : 100% on core 1-2-4-6-7, 85% on 3 and 65 on 5 and 47% on 8

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  13. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Thats true, its not earth shattering but im a candy man and its ticking my boxes lol

As long as it not an ugly one, im happy!

14. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Mmmm i'll need to check this, last time i looked i was only using 2 threads at 100%. Maybe the recent updates to the UWP stuff helped boost the available cores.

EDIT: Still only using 2 threads at 100% for me. Thats interesting

Last edited: May 16, 2016