FIC gave me new bios for ad11 board with SSE fix

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by HisSvt2, Sep 24, 2002.

1. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    anybody who wants this bios email me at jhoaltsprint01@earthlink.net i have both aba ver and abb ver they havent posted it yet but it does fix the sse problem with this board and athlon xp processors

2. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    How can you tell if it needs it . My board runs everything great so I haven't felt like I am missing anything !

3. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    the new bios is a fix for ATHLON XP processor's SSE 1 was not enabled in bios and was not supported i found the problem brought it to there attension and i am the first person to see and use these new bios , i'm sure they'll post them someday but they gave me both revisions of the bios since i have 2 of these board 1 that uses the aba bios and one that uses the abb bios

durons do not have SSE instuctions just 3dnow

4. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    Ahh , well then I might be needing it soon with a XP 1800+ then . OK I will get your address and let ya know when I get the CPU . Thanx .

5. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    OK , I think I need the ABB set for the BIOS . I should be getting an AMD XP 1800+ and I guess I will need to update BIOS . Have you noticed anything funny since you updated ? I just want to make sure because my puter runs so nice and would hate to F**k it up ya know . Was their any additional FSB settings in BIOS ? Mine only goes to 133/33 . Works good for a Duron but , not for the 266fsb chips . Anyways I will E-mail you with my Address . Thanx .

6. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    you need to check the rev of your board only rev 1.2a supports the xp and the 100 or 133 bus it is jumpered on the board by the ide plug ins here is the link from fic's ftp server they emailed me that ftp://ftp.fica.com/BIOS/motherboards/socketa/ad11/SSE/

no problems with these bios just good things many apps are faster now that i can use SSE and 3dnow

Last edited: Sep 25, 2002
  7. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    Yes , I have the 1.2a and the ABB42 BIOS . My jumper is already set @ 133 on the board and I have my Duron unlocked ! Whats the date on that BIOS update ? It's not the one they have at the site from January is it ?

8. HisSvt2

HisSvt2 Master Guru

GPU:
    6970 X2 Crossfire
    they are dated 9-19-02 only on the ftp link i gave under the folder SSE they havent posted it on the main page yet

9. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    Did they send you any other info like if it was gonna add support for CPU's larger than the XP1800 + ? BTW , New BIOS is in no problemo . Thanx again .

10. lepi kokan

lepi kokan Guest

GPU:
    r9 280
    I know i am some 12 years late, but does somebody happen to have a copy of this SSE enabled bios,

I am having a hard time right now with this old timer (*ABA46 , non-SSE award, 1.2a version)

and it would be a life saver. :)

All the best, waiting on a friend !

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I tried googling around but it seems it has been buried in the sand of time.

Sorry mate.

12. lepi kokan

lepi kokan Guest

GPU:
    r9 280
    Ditto. Nowhere 2 b found.

Guess Hissvt2 is my only hope... But I only have 2 posts , so I can pm mods only.

If anyone stumbles upon ABA version, toss it on

lepi.kokanATgmail.com

Thx in advance