SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    you can lower values of smaa and if not helping use fxaa with low values too like
    Code:
    #define FXAA_QUALITY__PRESET 39       //[1 to 9] Choose the quality preset. 9 is the highest quality.
    #define fxaa_Subpix 0.550            //[0.000 to 1.000] Choose the amount of sub-pixel aliasing removal.
    #define fxaa_EdgeThreshold 0.125     //[0.000 to 1.000] Edge detection threshold. The minimum amount of local contrast required to apply algorithm.
    #define fxaa_EdgeThresholdMin 0.0312  //[0.000 to 1.000] Darkness threshold. Trims the algorithm from processing darks.

for boulotaur injector
    on / off
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. xxamazing

xxamazing Guest

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Thanks..I disabled the SMAA and now it's good, but i want to use the SMAA... there is no other way? :/ I tried also to put the SMAA settings to low, but doesn't work.

- Sorry for my bad English.

3. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    CeeJay, I don't know if you've noticed but you could already toy around with multipass shaders, the GAUSS_DX9.fx is already a 4-pass effect and can be reused to get anything fancy you want. Or maybe I should set up another 'blank.fx' file that you can use as a basis ? How many passes do you want ? Let me know

@xxamazing : unfortunately you can't circumvent that, there's no way for SweetFX to know whether it is text or not, so SMAA is merely 'blindly' and equally applied to the whole surface of your screen, desirable or not. By the way how the hell did you get 'David Guetta' in a game :wanker:

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  4. CyrusMzRG

CyrusMzRG Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX480OC
    Hello.

I hope SWEETFX can be run anytime in PREPAR3D. People who use this simulator are frustrated due to the program crash when running with sweetfx.

i hope it can be fixed

5. 80T

80T Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTS250 1GB
  6. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  7. r3dfield

r3dfield Guest

GPU:
    GTX980 OC@1541Mhz/4001Mhz
  8. adawe

adawe Guest

GPU:
    Is it possible to extend these sweetFX filters to outside of gaming? To be able to overlay the entire Windows desktop for any and all applications?

If anything, I would be interested in how one would go about trying to implement this solution.

9. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    You can get it to work for Movies but i don't remember how. xD

10. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    This a specific problem and no version of SweetFX, to my knowledge, has been directly made to work with any particular game. There have been and still are ways to make certain games work correctly but generally if the game crashes at start and the log.log file does not specify where the shaders should go then SweetFX simply wont work. :/

11. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    well if you want some help we need more info
    does the game crash with the 3 injectors ?
    which directx the game use ?
    where did you extract the files ?
    do you have a log.log in the folder where you extracted the files ?
    which windows do you have ?
    did you close every app running ?
    do you have the total rights in the folder?
    what computer do you have ? laptop desktop ? enduro lucid optimus video?
    did you disable the antialiasing in game ?

12. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    media player classic as a shader support so you can add them one by one see page 1

but to hack the windows desktop it's not possible and risky if you install a program not working with sweetfx like a overlay for xfire/ts3/mumble/ods, or start fraps/rtss and you gonna crash windows with a blue sceen of death
    if you had the program starting with windows you won't be able to remove it easily etc

for other application if they are using directx for the display you can, but i found only 2 apps for now and they sux and now i understand why you don't do it :p
    i made one myselft just to display an image, you have to do it like a game

so now there is a way to do that driver side since you can adjust gamma contrast colors, need to find someone who know how to change that

i was thinking about a simple solution, saving the driver parameters and making a systray menu to load them so you can have profile

13. Ansune

Ansune Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 2GB
    RadeonPro Alternative for SweetFX

RadeonPro allows the use of SweetFX without copying any files to game directories -- which is an excellent solution for AMD cards.
    However, is there an alternative solution for Nvidia cards? Certain games are incompatible with SweetFX when copied to their game directory.

14. adawe

adawe Guest

GPU:
    Okay that is interesting. That is really too bad they cannot be overlaid easily across the entire Windows desktop for all and any programs. I was mainly interested in it for it to be used for an overlay on Firefox for all webpages text and images...Everything. But to have been able to do so across the entirety of windows would have been best. I must keep investigating.

btw i also posted with similar intent:

http://superuser.com/questions/598790/sharpness-filter-overlay-for-entire-desktop

"You might theoretically be able to hook DWM in Vista or newer so that it'd have the effect of applying a sharpness filter to the entire framebuffer before displaying it, but that would require writing your own code to do so and would incur constant CPU load"

http://askubuntu.com/questions/298947/apply-a-visual-sharpeness-filter-to-entire-desktop

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  15. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti

16. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    No there is not but what certain games? o_O

17. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    the games with anti proxy dll detection

18. Apu889

Apu889 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT650m 2GB
    Just Cause 2

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Well that one is a given but not everyone knows about the compatibility txt, could have been talking about those games though I doubt it.

20. player

player Guest

GPU:
    dv6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.