Odd issue during boot.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by cryohellinc, Apr 3, 2017.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    For some time now, from driver to driver, i have the following issue rising its ugly head.

Sometimes during post when Windows is about to start loading, i get black screen right before windows loading logo. And that's it, PC is working, but no image, it simply doesn't load windows.

Then you hard reset, and it start up just normally.

Issue is inconsistent, and will happen something like once every 10 boots.

I think its somehow related to my ZxR, as when PC doesn't boot, ZxR doesn't make this "Click" or "Tick" sound, however when it does boot succesfully it always does it.

When I installed my ZxR for the first time into small PCI-E slot PC didnt even boot, on boot it gave some error code and thats it, then I put ZxR into long PCI-E slot and it works just fine.

Any ideas what can cause this? Maybe someone experienced something similar?

After booting properly PC is perfectly stable, GPU is cool and no issues. ZxR is also working without any issues, OC is stable and does not cause any BSOD's.

2. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Kind of I have the same issue for few months now, around begging of 2017.
    Minus I get "Out of Range!" message from my monitor (BenQ 144Hz 1080p DP) when this happens.
    What gives back the image is that I switch power off from monitor then back on after few seconds and I have display back again.
    Was suspecting cable, changed 2 cables and no dice. Reseated GPU and cleared CMOS multiple times, heck even a new Z270 and 7700K but same GTX1080).
    Could well be drivers.