Nvidia 52.16

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by der-blaue-max, Nov 6, 2003.

1. There is a new driver Nvidia 52.16 its a very fast one, but since i installed it, my stereo gogles doesnt work.

Has someone tryed it.?? or does someone know why??

2. I forgot to say: I can not use >>Strg T<< to start it.

I have a Test picture but it is not stereo like before??

3. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    We will have to wait until Nvidia releases stereo dirvers for the 5x.xx series of drivers which are part of the forceware package. (I'm hoping real soon but I have no Idea)

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Untill they release a stereo for 5x.xx, you should use the 45.23det/45.23 stereo bundle if you want your glasses to work.

5. The above is completely correct

I was banging my head against the wall for 3 days (and nights) on this issue and after finally removing the existing 52.16 drivers completely (including registry removals and manual driver setup) I was able to get the 45.23det/45.23 combo to work on my FX 5700 Ultra. However, now I'm experiencing freezes every two minutes or so :rolleyes: That occurs during game play or even during the demo app (launched from the NVidia control panel).

Now, of course I have read up on the issue and have FSAA disabled, resolution set equal, etc.. but it still happens. I wonder if I should step the firmware even further down. I read a few days ago on this forum that the 30.xx drivers where most stable regarding stereo - any input on that? Also any suggestions on how to fix the freeze-up problem would be great.

Thanks,

Michael

6. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Well the best drivers for stereo are from the 3x.xx series but the best driver for FX is the 5x.xx series.

7. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Re: The above is completely correct

Do you overclock ne? If so this could be the problem I know when I try to overclock my card it does the same thing, but it is only with the 52.16's. Just a thought, I have no problems with my card and the 45.23/45.23 stereo drivers.

8. Calius2004

Calius2004 Guest

funny, ive been posting many places about this and now i find a home to talk about it :)

Yes, i only got some edimensional glasses last week, on the same day it arrived I also found the new drivers and installed them. Well you can tell what happened next ...

I spent hours fiddling trying to find out why my glasses didnt work!

The penny dropped after most of that day ... reverted back to 45.43 drivers and all was well ... aaaah.

Anyone gets a sniff of new stereo drivers, post up. Althought this site seems on-the-ball for latest drivers anywho.

Calius.

9. TheC

TheC Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 ultra GS
    I mailed Nvidia and asked when new stereo3d drivers would be released. The answer i got was:
    Public Relations/Marketing has given no date on the release of new 3D stereo drivers.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    No suprise there, how long did it take them to support the 4x.xx series of drivers, If i remember correctly the rusky's made it work b4 Nvidia did. This was a big prob for me as my old 8x TI4200 was not supported by the 30.82's. But after 6mos or so they finally released a stereo driver set to work with the 4x.xx series. Good Job NV, j/k

Ne ways they will probably release sometime next year with our luck. Right now I do not use the stereo b/c my FX card runs like crap on the 4x.xx drivers.

11. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

GPU:
    Palit 5X 970 H14G2J
    I did a search for stereo drivers for 52.16 and found on Nvidias site the note, that they are included in forceware drivers. I installed them but couldn't see any stereo button in the driver menu. My eyeware glasses didn't work. Than I tried the combination 52.16 det +45.23 stereo - stereo buttons were there, but it didn't work. I went back to 45.23 both and all is working fine now.
    Rolf

12. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Hm... well... the truth is that the stereo drivers are there. What you download that is labeled as a "Stereo Driver", is merely the interface.

13. TheC

TheC Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 ultra GS
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...then perhaps it would be possible to use the 52.16 and the e3d activator..hmm

14. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Hm... i wouldn't count on it. I would more count on some one to do a patch based on the older files.

15. Calius2004

Calius2004 Guest

Well, if you get anyone linking to anything about this / or any workarounds .. throw a post in here.