MSI Afterburner GUI (Likes and Dislikes)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Drerex, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    Hey guys, I am fairly new to this community and would like to get some feedback on the new Afterburner GUI/Skins. I have given it a couple weeks to see how people would respond to the new looks and have had several different responses from both ends of the spectrum. Some people have shared comments that is useful and some just shared opinions that is just plain bashing. Meeting everyone's needs is hard to overcome but I am one that wants to make most people's experience the best it can be.

Now that you have seen it, I want to know what you like and don't like about the new GUI/Skins. I am planning on making a couple more skins for the community and want to create them the way you would like to see them. Instead of saying, "It's Great or just plain sucks", give me ideas and work with me. I would be more than happy to work with you.

For example, do you like having the dials? or not? or do you prefer having vertical/Horizontal indicators? Do you want it to have a realistic look or more simple? Do you have a Preferred color combinations? Bring it on guys. I am ready to hit the drawing boards again.

Please no derailing this thread. Thanks for you input!

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I really like the new look of the top dials / controls part, but wish I could customise the graphs lower part, make bigger / similar to the old original look / set it up the way I want to / remove graphs that I don't use and move graphs I use most to the top etc

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I would like it simple as much as possible, rather then this huge (in my opinion) mess.

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Me, signing that!

Maybe a skin, where the main part is like the new design and the monitoring part like the old one, attached to the right or the bottom.

5. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    Here is an idea. Now this is just a rough sketch though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Hi Drerex

I agree with the above with Dial type GUI takes so much room , you lose graph of old type w/o getting to large.
    The Dials ar nice when your looking at it but in real use , with app running there good chance you'll never see them till after.
    So the graph is the important part IMO .

In above mock up I take it the digital clocks/info is dynamic at bottom and above are slider adjustments like original GUI .
    Clean look so far .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    Yeah, the digital clocks/info are dynamic and the slider adjustments are above that. Sliders not shown do to being just a mockup.

8. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Like it!
    Modern, clean, straight forward. :thumbup: