New users - Please read this announcement

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    All novice user questions can be posted in the Rivatuner section. Neither the programmer nor Guru3D.com staff will answer low-level quations directly.
    • Answers typically can be found by using the search button or reading the Rivatuner help file (question marker in Rivatuner).
    • Should you still have a question you can not solve ? You can post that question in this section and hope another Guru3D member will help you answer the question.

BlindBison likes this.
  2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ahhh very good idea for separate riva newbie section.

3. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Like an FAQ ... sorely needed for Riva.

4. whiggy

whiggy New Member

Anti Alaising and Anisotropy will not save during PC reboot

Hi @ all!

I have a GTX 280 graphic-card with the 177.41 driver and rivatuner 2.10.

When I change the antialaising and anisotropy settings in rivatuner, the setttings get lost on everey reboot of the pc.

Why?

5. rmg110

rmg110 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 9800GT 512
    Help on Help

I originally downloaded Riva Tuner 2.08 for fan control on my 8800 GT(now a 9800 GT) and was impressed with this program. As a inexperienced overclocker I have been reading the release notes on the updates to the present 2.22 version. I have read the Q&A, guide, and many posts trying to improve my limited knowledge.

I have seen many references to context help or detailed help but can't seem to find these features inside of Riva Tuner. I'm sure I'm missing the obvious (maybe Momma dropped me on my head as a baby). Help with help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for providing an excellent program. Happy New Years!

6. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I think the 64 bit Microsoft help files have to be downloaded and installed manually. Did you search for an answer?

7. rmg110

rmg110 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 9800GT 512
    Yes, I searched but not very effectively. Will work on it again later. Thx 4 reply.

All help problems were on Vista 64 drive. I did set up the cooling profiles I wanted using the scheduler after getting some excellent help from these forums. Now after switching to my XP 32bit hard drive the help features are as advertised and terrific.

I gave up on xp 64 a few years ago due to all around lack of support/drivers(nothing to with RT). When I put a copy of Vista64 on a new hard drive so I could game with DX10 and be able to use more memory, I was hoping with more Vista64 systems being sold things would be different. So far it's been a big disappointment. Everything seems to run better on 32 bit(I have a Vista32 laptop that functions well but not a great gamer).

Happy New Years :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  8. PatMc

PatMc New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeoForce GT 220
    Use Rivatiuner with GT220

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this. I am a newbie to rivatuner, have installed based on the instructions, have added the patch for my driver, and my main screen does not have the second line (Device status bar) filled in in the Target Adapter section (it says "No additional information available customize, and the button has 3 icons for the display, but none for the graphics card - it looks from the help guides like there should be 2).
    How do I get it to recognize my GT 220, or is it not possible?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  9. avadona

avadona Member

GPU:
    xxxxx
    subb'd