Razer Man o war's. Do I need synapse surround?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Vibe, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I'm a little confused. I have the Man O War's which is 7.1 and Synapse. But there is another Synapse add-on called Surround which adds some surround features which I have a serial code they sent me for free for some reason.

Anyway, I don't know which I'm supposed to use. If Man O War is 7.1 I would assume that Synapse offers that feature or am I supposed to install the surround installer and use that instead?

*edit: Sorry it's called Razer Surround Pro and it adds itself to Synapse but I can only use one or the other. Is surround pro better? I mean I have it for free but would like to know which is the best option to use to get good surround.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The Man of war is an stereo pair of headphones, Razer surround software is what gives you Virtual 7.1 and it doesn't do an good job of doing it. There are better choices out there for it. Like the one I currently trying out called Waves NX app, which I found to work much better then razer surround once its config for your head and ears.

http://www.waves.com/nx/mac-windows-app they have an 30 day trial of it that fully functionally that you can try. If you end up liking it the app 9 dollars, I may end up getting it my self after the trial is over, at-least for me it works better then the other virtual surround software that I have tried. The what i suggest you do to see which one you like.

You don't have to use any of it and just use the headphone by it self, but only if you want the functionally really.

3. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I don't think Man o war's work without synapse anyway. just basically wanted to know what difference is there between Surround Pro or the Man O War's own surround.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It does not have it own software, it uses the razer software suite for its Virtual surround. The Free and pro versions of the software are the same, it just the free is limited to certain functions, while the pro does not have any limitations.
    There is no special version for there USB headphones/headsets.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

5. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I had Synapse already for my other Headphones but when I plug in the Man O War USB, it installs what appears to be a different looking Synapse over the preinstalled one I got from their website. It has different options and looks different than the latest one they have on their site. It also has the Pro version of surround and they give me a free code to activate it...I just didn't know which one these options were intended to use with what.

So I'll just use the Pro one then, thanks.