Missing data in log

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Elkim, May 14, 2017.

1. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hello,

I'm having strange issues where data in the RTSS log are missing. For some reason, the problem scales with power of CPU. Meaning, the weaker the CPU is, the more frequent this problems is.

I have all Ryzens, all Intels, but when Ryzens are on default and so i5k is, I don't have stable logs. When I OC these CPUs, everything is allright. It is also fine with Ryzen 7 and i7k.

I'm measuring games in CPU bounded scenes like RotR Geothermall Valley, Fallout 4 or AotS and that is where I have these issues.

In the chart you can see the missing piece

[​IMG]

This is really annoying problem because it make my work impossible to do. Any help will be really appreciated.

AB is last release
    RTSS 6.0.0
    W10
    Power plan on high performance

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Framerate and frametime graphs data are supposed to be missing by design when there is no hooked 3D application running.

3. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This is really not the case, because log is broken even with app hooked up. I have this software which I use to sync fraps logs with AB logs and when I load the AB log I get error, because in logs, there are N/A data and there should be numbers. Fraps log is fine thought. Definetly something with AB/RTSS.

4. Unwinder

I'm quite positive that the logs are not broken. Are you using that "sync" software to access log in realtime while it is being recorded?

5. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Nope. I run a game. I start a Fraps and AB logging. I run my game scene. While running my game scene, for example RotR Geothermall Valley, I use AB to log and Fraps to log FT.

Then I load up a Fraps log, which is fine and then I load up AB log and it gets error. When I open that AB log, there is a part, where should be numbers bnut there is just "N/A"

6. Unwinder

WHERE is that part located? Once again, N/A is a lack of hooked application at the moment. That's normal. Zero framerate is a passive fake 3D application that is holding 3D runtimes but not rendering anything. That's also normal.

7. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just in the part where game was running and I actually played it. So for some reason AB/RTSS unhooked the game for few seconds for some reason. Cant it be by lack of CPU power when CPU load in game is 100%?

8. Unwinder

No, it is physically impossible for AB/RTSS to "unhook the game for few seconds". The only way to achieve unhooked game during its runtime is externally killing RTSS process. If that's the case you'd notice that via missing OSD.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Never noticed missing OSD and still I have N/A's times between the log from game.

Ok, I made fresh W10 64b instal. Here is second problem I'm having. The red line is Fraps framerate, the blue one i AB Framerate, any idea why they are so off? It's same scene I measured.

[​IMG]

10. Unwinder

Please learn the basics of frametime calculation and averaging principles.

11. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think you are missing the point. Or maybe I should have explain better.

The picture is from so called BenchStudio. Basically, you load up Fraps FT log and it make's all the work with averaging and frametime calculation. The AB log is there to sync it with Fraps log because of other data like GPU load etc, which you can eventualy compare with other records in database.

Because of this feature, you can compare more cards not just from avgfps/FT point of view but also other data which RTSS logs.

What I'm doing now is comparing few CPU in CPU bounded scenes. Those two lines in chart should almost match, and they always did, I have more then thousand tests done but for some reason these issues jus started.

12. Unwinder

Once again, you CANNOT directly compare framerates from two different applications without knowing what exactly are you comparing because there are A LOT ways and approaches to calculate them. You may calculate instantaneous framerate from single frame time, you may average frametimes with fixed frames number buffer or fixed time sliding window and each time result will be different depending on selected sampling.

13. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Ok, I really understand what are you saying but in 99% cases in my work with this BenchStudio where I'm syncing these two lines, I always had almost exact match, so if it would be that different, why it just started now? So by my experience, this system works, I'm just suddenly having some weird issues and don't know why.

Check this, this is how almost all records in my database looks like. Always same approach, Fraps FT + AB log.

[​IMG]

And I'm not directly comparing two framerates, the syncing is just because of determine, where how good GPU load was at specific time.

14. Elkim

Elkim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    @Unwinder, I think I've found where my problem is. In AB logs, the data are being logged only by hours/minutes/seconds. Is it possible to add also miliseconds?

The red curve is reference curve from Fraps. The blue one is from AB, when I polling in 1000ms, its fine, but when 100ms, the AB log shrinks or its really shifted as on previous pictures. I think its just because there are no miliseconds in the log.